Self Prohibition

Kitty Kat
on 4/30/06 11:51 pm - Richmond, VA
This past weekend Trey & I got away to Annapolis, MD. It wasn't just a trip for fun but one to talk together about some things that have been on our minds and needed to be resolved. As most of you know I have been talking about drinking and WLS and it's effects especially when used in excess. One of the hardest things with WLS or drinking or any issue for that matter is when others around us continue down the path we are trying to avoid. One of the best/happiest is when we have those who support us and even follow our lead so to speak with eating, drinking, exercising and all the things that improve our health. I am proud to say that Trey has opted to (what he says/calls it) impose self prohibition. He has said that he sees how much this bothers me and what it's done to others in our life and feels like he wants to support me on this as he's done with WLS. He & some friends were out yesterday and one of them asked to buy him a beer and he explained what happened to me with all my drinking and that he is choosing to support me. He said that there may be special ocassions in the future where he may have a drink but it's not going to be more than that. I am so proud of myself and him for supporting me on this. I just wanted to share this as it's another step in the right direction not just for him & I but for my future in general with regard to my health and continued weight loss. I've written an article based on my story with alcohol and WLS and have submitted and my hope is that it's well received and it touches someone and gets this issue brought to light ASAP. Even if it isn't used at this point it WILL because I am writing a book! Fingers crossed the powers that be will see fit to get my work(s) out there. Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views