Colonoscopy results

Kathy & Rich
on 5/1/06 5:56 am - Fairfax, VA
The colonoscopy was a literal breeze. A nice ****tail in my IV and I was out for a brief 20-30 minute nap. And the report is in, nothing, nada, cero, zip, etc. All was just perfect. No signs of anything - no diverticulitis, no IBS, no nothing. This is all good news but also BAD news in my case since I'd love to find the answer to my side pain. Looks like it'll be yet another surgery - exploratory lap surgery. I see my surgeon Thursday morning. Will keep you folks posted. Just for those that have to go for a colonoscopy.... the procedure was nothing. Felt nothing, feel nothing now. Just a bit of gas (but what WLS post-op doesn't have some of that anyway!) and lots of gurgling, bubbling, the sounds of a babbling brook eminating from the deep dark recesses of my plumbing. The bowel prep was not easy but it was what it was. A cleanse. I had to use the Half-Lytely one this time. It is four pills at noon. Then you mix the solution in the jug with lukewarm water. I put it in the fridge. I used the "cherry" flavor packet. When you finally "go" then you start drinking the solution... 8 oz every 10 minutes. Takes a long while to drink it all. It doesn't taste great but it goes down. It definitely cleaned the plumbing out. For my WLS, I used phosopho soda. Two bottles of that stuff. That was strong tasting stuff and it burned on the way out so the Half-Lytely was better in my humble opinion. That's the report... Kathy
*~Tigger~ *
on 5/1/06 12:12 pm - Staunton, VA
Kathy, I am really happy that they didn't find anything wrong! However, exploratory surgery does NOT sound fun at all! Best of luck, sweetie! JoAnn
Kathy & Rich
on 5/1/06 10:50 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, JoAnn!
Ernurse323
on 5/1/06 12:19 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Kathy, Well, no news can be good news !!! I just wish they'd figure out what's causing this dang pain in you !!! Exploratory laps are a breeze. I would recover those as overflow !!! Maybe that will be the tell all..hang in there !!!! Hugs, Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 5/1/06 10:51 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Dana! Hope you are doing better!
Ms Court
on 5/1/06 10:40 pm - Remington, VA
Kathy, good to hear that everything went ok. Sucks that you have to go through exploratory surgery. Hope that they find the answers for you. Missed you last night at support group. Courtney
Kathy & Rich
on 5/1/06 10:51 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Courtney! Sorry to have missed the meeting. Was busily recovering aka resting. I'll catch up with ya soon!
kabarron1
on 5/1/06 10:42 pm - Hopewell, VA
Kathy, I'm glad to read that all the tests came back negative. Hopefully they'll be able to get you squared away soon. Take care. Keith
Kathy & Rich
on 5/1/06 10:52 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Keith!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views