Update...

Christine Hood
on 4/28/06 9:51 am - Fort Eustis, VA
As many of you know, my insurance company denied me because some documentation was not submitted properly. Last Thursday I went to my PCP and she gave me a copy of the correct documentation which I then hand-delivered to the surgeon's office. I was told that she was going to speak with the insurance company and then when she was totally confident, she would submit for my appeal. I spoke to her on Monday and she was still waiting for a call back. She said that she would call me when it got submitted. My week was crazy at work so I didn't get to call until today only to find out that she is out today! Ugh!! I left a message on her voicemail letting her know that I was "a bit" (yeah right) upset that I hadn't heard from her (sorry Lola, you know I love ya!). Fast forward to this afternoon...my clerk comes to my office asking for my office phone number (AGAIN! DON'T ASK! LOL). She said that Gina from the Verizon Advocate Team was on the phone for me. Initially I had no idea who she was talking about. After what seemed like forever, I yelled over to her and asked if she had the call for me. When I picked up the phone Gina introduced herself and asked if I knew why she was calling. I have no clue. She said, "I tried to call Lola but she is out today and I figured you wanted to know that you are APPROVED!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!" AHHHHHH WOOO HOOO!!!! She caught me totally off guard. Sorry for the totally long story but I just thought that it was completely AWESOME that the insurance company was worried about me having to go the weekend being anxious!! I guess I will get my date when I talk to Lola on Monday!! Anyway, she made my day!! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views