Weight Loss Documentation

ebonie
on 4/27/06 5:33 am - hampton, va
Hi All- First let me say that this site is SO informative. I have been thinking about WLS for a while now and when my PCP recommended it, that sort of put in all in perspective for me. Well, I have BCBS of AL and I made sure to call to make sure that the surgery was covered and it is, THANK GOODNESS. And, of course, they have a few requirements. I have met all of the requirements but one is kind of "iffy". They require a 6-month MD supervised diet OR they will accept (with documentation) Weigh****chers, Jenny Craig, etc. My question, FINALLY, is this...Has anyone successfully submitted as proof of their WW, Jenny Craig the following items...WW Weekly Weigh-In Log, cancelled checks, credit card slips, pre-paid slips? I was already attending WW starting back in August of last year before deciding to go forward with WLS. I had proof of my attendance with my weekly weigh in logs, all my cancelled checks, credit card slips and also a 10-week prepaid slip. All proof that I did attend WW and try to lose the weight. My PCP had been telling me that I had to lose weight but he never documented that in my office notes. He is an older doctor who does not write lots of notes like some of the younger ones do. So, what I am wondering is if my doctor did not list in my notes that I was attending WW or that he has instructed me to lose weight, will the documentation from me be enough. I have provided PLENTY of proof that I did attempt for over 6 months to lose the weight from one of their accepted diets. But I am scared that they will deny because my doctor did not document in my notes that I was indeed attending WW. Has anyone been successful with their own documentation if the doctor has not been making notes in your chart? Sorry for the long, drawn out post. As you can probably tell, I am quite the talker!!! Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can provide. Ebonie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views