Slightly discouraged!

Manjarie67
on 4/27/06 9:27 am - Manassas, VA
Hello! I had my surgery on April 11th and it doesn't seem like I'm progressing as fast as everyone else on the board has. When I had my pre-surgical blood work done one of the things that showed up was that my thyroid was under producing. (I am looking into seeing an edocrinologist) Maybe that's slowing my weight loss... or maybe it's just that I am expecting too much. On my scale I weighed 262 before surgery... it has been 16 days since surgery, and the last time I weighed myself I weighed 248...That's 14 pounds, but that was the initial weight loss. I have fluctuated 2 pounds here and there and basically I haven't lost anything lately. When I went to Dr. Anez' office I had to go on Thursday the 20th and then again on Tuesday the 24th, both times I was weighed. The funny thing was that I kept telling the nurse that I hadn't lost anything- in that four day time span- and she looked at her chart and said, "yeah, actually you gained a pound!" She seemed annoyed by it too. It didn't really bother me, because I know I am following the plan as I was told to. If I was doing things out of boundaries, then I would be concerned. The only thing that I am not doing up to par is the exercise. I haven't had the energy to exercise the way I am supposed to every day (ususally it's every other day). I really feel like I should be doing better! Are my expectations just too high? Any advice? -- Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views