We need YOUR VOICE NOW!

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 5:50 am - Yakima, WA
Please, if you've not yet checked out the new beta messageboard, we need you to do so. Yes, WE need you to do this. Why? Because when the new board rolls out in the VERY near future - if you've not been there, familiarized yourself with it and voice your opinion about it, and you don't like something major or something is missing - THEN may be too late to do anything about it. Before this becomes our new message board, please spend some time on that message board - http://beta.obesityhelp.com - choose messageboard from the navigation (in the bar under the tabs). Now, look at the new board and ask yourself these questions: ***Are there ANY features you currently use regularly that are NOT available on the new boards, that you'll miss? What are they and why are they important to you? ***Do you like the color scheme? The font? The 'style' of the board? Is it pleasing to your eye? ***Do you like how the photos are displayed in the posts? ***Do you understand how to post new posts - or how to reply within the threads? ***Do you find the new board functional? If not, why? ***What do you like MOST about the new message boards? ***What do you like the LEAST about the new message boards? Remember, if you don't speak NOW - later may be too late. Please voice your opinion in a constructive manner so that ObesityHelp can try to give you what you want in a support forum. If you don't wish to post your response to this, please email [email protected] with your comments. PLEASE NOTE: This is not a messageboard wish list - this is a critical need of comparing what you use NOW and what isn't on the newer beta board. Thank you, ~Tooter Member Services Associate ObesityHelp.com
~*Country Girl*~
on 4/23/06 9:58 am - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
Hi Ruth! I know this is not a wish list or anything but I had an idea that I would just like to run by yall to see if maybe yall would like it. Is there anyway that the pictures of the before and after could be arrange by weight? I know for me that I was generally more interested in the bigger people 400+ to see those shots. Like a button to hit for pictures of people weighing 200 to 250 , 400 to 450 ,450 to 500 and so forth. It would be a lot easy to sort through and find those people weighing your weight. Does that make sense. Just an idea! By the way as long as I have been on these boards I never knew your name was Ruth! Such a pretty name! Glad you brought it out of hiding! ~wink~ hugs lisa
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 3:37 pm - Yakima, WA
Thanks for your comments on my name. I've grown a bit attached to it myself I like your idea on the by-weight sorting. Not sure if it will be an option, but we're compiling all the replies to give to IT for further consideration. So I appreciate your feedback. Thanks again & (((HUGS))) ~Toots
Jennifer V.
on 4/23/06 10:00 am - Waynesboro, VA
I'm new. WOW ! I had not seen a Memorial Site on the current board. I have to admit I was not prepared for what I saw and read. I've been sobbing for the past 30 minutes and wonder if I'm making the right decision. To say the mortality rate is so low is one thing but actually seeing faces to go with that small percentage that die is quite another. My heart aches for these families. Other that that, the new site was impressive. Jenn
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 3:36 pm - Yakima, WA
Thank you. Yes, the Memorials are hard to read. This is my personal opinion, not my position as a representative of Obesityhelp. I think people SHOULD visit the memorial pages - for a few reasons. (1) it pays homage to those who've went before us...those who were courageous with very high BMI's and often knew the risks were worse for them; those who died fighting for insurance to cover their surgeries; those who died from complications and in essence taught thier surgeons more about these procedures; and all the other reasons people have passed away (some who never had surgery or their deaths were totally unrelated to WLS). BUT I would also like to make a few points here. People die daily from all types of things. If we stopped and pondered too long what people die from we'd never do any of the things that living requires to truly BE LIVING. Driving cars, going for walks, breathing unfiltered air, petting stray dogs (everyone's done this at least ONCE in their life - some haven't lived to tell about it), sitting in your living room watching tv (one little girl died in her bed when a car went out of control and crashed thru the wall of her house and killed her - what are the odds???), let our children outside to play.... Life happens. Death happens. THINGS happen. We make the best choices we can. We hopefully check out our doctors to the best of our ability. We choose the safest cars we can afford. We pick houses in child-friendly neighborhoods and pray for our kids' safety. We don't however, lock ourselves away. IF the cause of death were listed on all tombstones and people could see all the reasons/things people die from - we'd be petrified to live. If you cruise thru the websites that list all the missing children in this one country, we'd never let our kids out of doors without us - even in a securely fenced back yard. Sure, we can be scared, but we still have to go on about this business of living and making choice, often hard choices, to make our lives better. This is a HARD choice - not necessarily the right choice for everyone...maybe not the right choice for you. But don't let fear stop you from pursuing what you want. Let it guide you in making the best choices you can. For a more balanced perspective on this please read: www.bariatricbytes.com/risks.html Hugs, Toots (forgive my ramblings)
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 3:34 pm - Yakima, WA
I just wanted to thank everyone on all boards for their responses so far. This is really helpful to help us help you! We want this to be a great experience for everyone. Obviously we'll be unable to have every feature that everyone wants, but we're trying. Hard! Especially since this will be a site wide change eventually, effecting all messageboards at OH. I wish I could give everyone a personal reply with an answer to why things are one way vs. another - and I hope I've answered the questions you found most puzzling so that you can use the boards. If not, please drop us an email and we'll assist you as best we can at [email protected] I hope you guys keep adding to this - we're keeping the replies and going to try to address as much of your suggestions and opinions as we can. Thanks again, ~Tooter Member Services ObesityHelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 9:45 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Miss toots, well I love change, so this is exciting!! It looks good - might take some adjustment but looks good. The only thing I would change is make the font a wee bit bigger -- or maybe it's just these ole eyes of mine!! donna
shoutjoy
on 4/24/06 7:47 pm - Culpeper, VA
***Are there ANY features you currently use regularly that are NOT available on the new boards, that you'll miss? What are they and why are they important to you? I don't think so ***Do you like the color scheme? The font? The 'style' of the board? Is it pleasing to your eye? Font is a tiny small, but that is just my eyes. It will take some getting used to but I like the style. ***Do you like how the photos are displayed in the posts? Yes I do! Where is mine? teehee ***Do you understand how to post new posts - or how to reply within the threads? Yes ***Do you find the new board functional? If not, why? Yes ***What do you like MOST about the new message boards? Menu choices are easier to find. ***What do you like the LEAST about the new message boards? I think the extra "notice" step with "every" post isn't necessary, but I understand why it is there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views