Almost 2 weeks Post- op

newme2
on 4/22/06 12:53 am - Woodford, VA
Hello all I am almost 2 weeks post-op and ehhh...I feel ill. I have had the wonderful experience of "dumping" twice now. YUCK! I know what I have done wrong, and hope that I dont make that mistake again. I was wondering if anyone that has had it "open" if you have drained? I was getting up from using the restroon the other night, and it felt like my busted open...so to save you the gory details...I am leaking. GROSS! I will be going to see the Nurse on Monday at Dr Hucther's office. I cannot wait to see how much more I have lost. Friends and hubby say alot that they can tell in my face...but I dont see it... Who knows... Well sorry for the ramble... Stephanie
Tam
on 4/22/06 1:04 am - Richmond, VA
Stephanie, Yep...I had that. I actually DID bust open. I was five weeks post op when that happened. I had a stricture and was already back in the hospital for that when it happened (thankfully). I also ended up with a staph infection in the incision area. I was told to take a shower three times a day and "express" the leakage from the area...but check with Barbara or Jennine first. Hope it gets better! Tammy C
Jennifer V.
on 4/22/06 1:27 am - Waynesboro, VA
Congrats Stephanie!! Your website helped to give me a better idea of what it will be like. So many tubes and bottles and needles. Yuck. I can't believe how much weight you've lost already. Good job, Jen
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/22/06 1:44 am - Danville, VA
Hey Sweetie...The first couple weeks are the hardest...I was on clear liquids for 6 weeks after surgery so I was lucky I didn't dump. To this day I have only had the foamies once so I consider myself very lucky. I also had open and had a G tube for 6 weeks but my insicion itself did really well. Just make sure you keep the area leaking clean and as dry as you can keep it. You might want to put a small gauze pad on it. Things will get better, I promise. Just make sure you eat slow and chew...meats are the hardest on our little pouches..Good luck and let me know how you are doing.. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/06 1:59 am - Remington, VA
Hi Stephanie! Bill emailed me and said you were doing pretty good, but that was yesterday. He also told me you only live about 40 minutes from me! I'm sorry to see that you've busted open, how freaky is that, and that you're feeling ill now! My surgery was done lap so my incisions were small. One of them didn't heal as nice as the others. I think it busted open a tiny bit. It looks like someone took a fine tip marker in red and put five lines on my belly, and then a wide tip one---it actually looks kind of like a tiny little space shuttle. So I've got Star Wars on my belly! Talk about rambling! Kirsten
Michele R.
on 4/23/06 7:12 am - Pittsfield, MA
Steph! I wish I had something I could add to the post but as I am pre op all I can offer is well wishes and encourage you to truck on as you go through your life change with your new Tool. I know you can do it. Put your heart and mind into it and just remember when you are at your worst pain or struggle that the results from hangin in there are absolutely Wonderful! Go to the before and after pics and get some encouragement that way if it helps I know for me it really makes me excited! Many gentle hugs for you! Take care of your tender body right now! Hugs! Shele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views