Memories of WW!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:55 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi - well I was cleaning out a purse yesterday and I found - not a $20 bill - but an old Weigh****cher weigh card. The date is 8/5/04 - and this is how it went: 8/5 - 276.8 (love the .8!! It was important) 8/12 - 272.2 8-19 - 272.4 (oh oh, this is my normal - stay on something for a couple of weeks and then trouble) 8-26 - 273 9/16 - 278.5 (notice I missed a few meetings, and I guess I decided I wasn't going to lose the 5.2 pounds that I gained so I went back!) 9-24 - 281.4 (and folks, this was the end of THAT session) Now that I think was the last of my WW attempts, but of course every time I joined and they said 'have you ever been a member of WW' I said, 'ah, about 40 times!! I just wanted to share that with you because I have a feeling you all have WW cards out there that are similar to this. I know that Sharon was joining, or has joined, and of course her experience won't be like this, but wow, before surgery, this was totally the story of my life. And not just of WW but everything I did. Three, four weeks, was max that I stuck with anything. So here I am 7 months out, from 289 to 182 and although my loss has slowed down to probably about 7 pounds a month, it is going in the right direction. I am totally off blood pressure meds, I am moving more, doing things that I really only dreamed of doing, and basically having a great life. Oh, and for the record, I love WW - I always say if you can be happy with the program, it's the best!! You can eat anything, you just have to count it!! Loving life AFTER being a WW dropout!! donna
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 11:46 pm - Remington, VA
Donna!!! How cool is that!? finding things like the WW card! I dont have WW cards as when I did WW I did it online, from overseas.....I would love to see some of my history! IT all helps ya to reflect and put thingsinto perspective!!!! You are doing awesome!!!! Keep on moving, doing..and dreaming! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 12:09 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Shannon, you know after reading Keith's post, I felt so silly posting about something so, I don't know, just silly I guess. But anyway, I was wondering if anyone else out there had experiences like this and I gotta think I'm not alone!! Now I can laugh, but at the time, I was devasted!! love donna
Donut22kids
on 4/21/06 12:24 am - Jeffersonton, VA
Hi Donna, Oh, can I relate to that! I was ashamed, each time I would make an attempt to rejoin. I usually would go to a different center for fear that someone working there would remember me. I tried WW in August of last year after my first insurance attemp with WLS was denied. I thought, maybe, I could make it work somehow. I went maybe 3 or 4 times and quit. I still have everything, all the books, weight folders, I still subscribe to the magazine. Anyway, had RNY on 2/8/06 and as of this morning down 48 pounds. Take care, Donna
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 12:47 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Donna, congratulations!! That is awesome. I was hoping there would be others that could relate and I was sure there were!! Yeah, I would switch meetings too. I had a favorite lecturer and I loved going to him, but he got to know me so I had to drop that!! Like I said, I love WW and wish I could have done it, it's so adaptable to life!! But I just couldn't. I also have some Jenny Craig stuff, I'll have to dig that out and see how long I stuck with that!! What a hoot. To be honest, that behavior really worried me when I was doing my six month pre WLS, but I knew that this was my last chance, I had no where else to go or nothing else to do. I had to make this work. And hopefully I am. Thanks for sharing so I didn't feel like the lone ranger!! love donna
ladybugmom C.
on 4/21/06 3:51 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
Oh Yeah.... I can relate. I actually did quite well on Weigh****chers. I started off at 224.8 lbs in Sept 2003. I lost over the next year and a half down to 175 lbs (WOW 49.8 lbs lost) in a year and a half!!!! I continued going and the weight started going back up, up, up, and blam... today I am 237 lbs. I gained it all back plus some (in less than 8 months). I am waiting for insurance approval right now to have WLS. Say a prayer for me. I thought I would have heard something by today.... since it was pending.... and we sent in the few things they needed last Friday. Wishful thinking I guess, I figured it would only take about a week to get an answer. Oh well, I wait a little longer. Hope to join you on the losing side soon. Hugs, Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 8:46 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Wanda - nice to meet you!! Really, that was a good weight loss for you. That is one thing about WW is it is slow, but it is so doable, but like everything else, only if you stick with it, right? Oh, and the weight I was at the time of that book -- was NOT the weight I was when I had surgery. I had 'dieted' myself back up to 289!! And to tell you the truth, I don't think I was going to stop, I was on my way up even more, but thankfully wls intervened!! I know how it is to do the waiting game - please keep us informed. I'll be looking. And of course, prayers coming your way. One thing, I don't say this is a good thing, but I'm not a patient person, and I would probably be calling and asking?? Maybe if you haven't heard by today call on Monday!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 6:03 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
....oh boy, do I have a LOT of "WW" memories and Im sure if I go digging in some of my old boxes, I'll even find the evidence (cards) to prove it. I can SO relate to this story and it doesnt just stop with WW - there's evidence of Richard Simmons (deal a meal cards) Jenny Craig entrees, Mr. Atkins books and weight loss tracker .....heck even Susan Powter (anyone remember her?). One thing I did stumble on, in an OLD wallet (I found it about 12 years ago and it was about 10 years old at that time) was a piece of folded up paper that had my entire body measurements on it and my current weight. On the back, Id written all the things I needed to work on, improve, etc ....I was surprised how hard I was on myself, how much "self hatred" I seemed to have - without even realizing it, and most shocking? How SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE I "felt" at the time, yet I only weighed in at 195 lbs (only 20 more then I way now) ....my ExHubby had me so convinced that I was a "doublewide" with feet! Not sure who I was more mad at, him, for making me feel so ugly - or myself for allowing him to do it. Anyway - loved your story and theres no reason to feel "silly" for sharing it with us, even in light of what Keith went through. This board is for sharing it all, the good the bad the silly the sad the funny and something I tend to do a lot ...."OFF TOPIC" stuff! Hope you and Greg have a wonderful weekend - love you, ME!
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 8:54 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - do I remember Susan Powter -- ha ha, I have her stuff too, and I loved her so much I cut and colored my hair just like her one time!! It was not as good on me as it was on her!! Funny story - when I had that style - and it was that style, I went home for a visit and I went to church with one of my daughters and her husband was sitting on the stand. I mean I really stood out -- I was close to 300 pounds, had totally white hair and punked it up pretty wild!! Anyway, Tom was on the stand sitting with another gentleman, and the guy said to Tom, after I came in and sat down 'wow, there's a woman of the 90s!" (It was in the 90s, by the way!!). And Tom, bless his heart, he was probably so totally embarrassed, said, 'yeah, that's my mother in law!'. My daughter told me that some time later, and I wanted to go up to Tom and kiss him for at least 'owning' me!! Talk to you later!~!
H. MC
on 4/21/06 1:36 pm - Arlington, VA
Donna Mae Your are doing great I never did WW but I did do Herbal life. and I lost about 40 pounds. then I gained 80 thank God for wls Keep up the great work later Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views