"TGIF" - Senseless Questions!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 8:26 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. G'morning friends ~ Hope everyone had a wonderful week - mine actually came with a lotta smiles. Hubby and his submarine deployed last week Saturday (no, that's not the part that made me smile, honest) ...and then I got a call 4 days later that the sub was having mechanical problems (no, still NOT the part) ...and that they were limping back to port and would be home in a few hours! Now THAT part made me smile - my man was coming home!!! We don't know how long he'll be home, the time estimated for repairs has been narrowed down to "it could be 5 days to 5 weeks". Hows that for a "we really have no flippin' clue" kinda answer? Anyway - it's time for FRIDAY's senseless questions! Figure ONE day outta' the week we can put the seriousness of weight loss issues on hold for about an hour and PLAY! If you want to 'play' along - just cut and paste the following questions to your reply and answer to your hearts content. Have a fantastic weekend ~ Lei TGIF - Senseless Questions! 1) Last person you talked to on the phone (other then spouse)? 2) What did you eat for dinner last night? 3) Who is the friend (not family) you have had the longest that you still keep up with? 4) Number of keys on your key ring? 5) What are you listening to right now? 6) Farthest you've been away from home, when? 7) Favorite brand of clothing? 8) What fabric detergent do you use? 9) Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets? 10) What is the STRANGEST FOOD ["oh NO you didn't"] ...you've ever eaten? ...and an extra question, just 'cause!! 11) Did you have any EASTER candy this year? .
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 8:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
...hello again! 1) Last person you talked to on the phone (other then spouse)? ? Two days ago, Natalie (Tinkerbell from the VaBoard). ..as you can see, Im NOT a phone person! 2) What did you eat for dinner last night? ? SUSHI!! ....really good su****oo! Had dinner with a few friends from the VaBoard: Trish B (and son, Eric), Wendy G, Carole T, me and da' hubby! 3) Who is the friend (not family) you have had the longest that you still keep up with? ? Kathleen (aka Leeney) ..we've been friends since 8th grade (doing the math here, that would be THIRTY YEARS?!?!? Her brother married my sister and have since divorced, but we're still good friends! 4) Number of keys on your key ring? ? THREE - my car, hubby's car, house key! 5) What are you listening to right now? ? Channel 10 Wavy News - uh, and it ain't purty, way too much crime in Virginia lately!!!! 6) Farthest you've been away from home, when? ? Scotland - for 2 weeks, visiting hubby when the submarine came up for air. 7) Favorite brand of clothing? ? The ones on the CLEARANCE rack! I refuse to pay top dollar for name brands when I can get the same name brand for 75% OFF! 8) What fabric detergent do you use? ? The one nearest my cart that comes in the GIHUGIC "washes 2 thousand loads" kinda containers! 9) Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets? ? SUNRISES!!! ...the day is a blank canvas waiting to be lived! 10) What is the STRANGEST FOOD ["oh NO you didn't"] ...you've ever eaten? ? Almost everything my dad cooked. He was Hawaiian/Filipino and the filipino dishes especially, would make most people gag. ME? Loved the stuff, one of my fav's was the "pig blood gravy". ...and an extra question, just 'cause!! 11) Did you have any EASTER candy this year? ? Nope - nothing, not one piece, not even sugar free. The truth be known, I don't bother with sugar free stuff. Not only does it COST more, tastes SUB PAR, but it either has as MUCH calories (or more) as the REAL stuff. Soooooooooooo - if I had HAD any Bunny-Candy, it would have been the FULL OCTANE stuff, but I didnt. .
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 9:06 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
1) Last person you talked to on the phone (other then spouse)? LAST NIGHT - DIANNA 2) What did you eat for dinner last night? 2 OZ of Corn beef ... could not make up my mind .. so I ate those damn raisins .. LOL 3) Who is the friend (not family) you have had the longest that you still keep up with? My Girl Friend in Augusta GA . Met her in HI .. while hubby was stationed at Pearl Island .. 22 years and counting . 4) Number of keys on your key ring? 5 5) What are you listening to right now? The trucks outside - varooming by my office 6) Farthest you've been away from home, when? Pusan South Korea .. 1996. 1997 7) Favorite brand of clothing? Anything that fits me and my budget and is sexy - and cute 8) What fabric detergent do you use? Gain and Gain fabric softener . 9) Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets? Sunrises .. I know when I see one .. I have been gifted again .. a new day. 10) What is the STRANGEST FOOD ["oh NO you didn't"] ...you've ever eaten? Aloe-Vera Sandwich -- Pusan ...and an extra question, just 'cause!! 11) Did you have any EASTER candy this year? I ate 4 Easter M*M's ... and a sugar free Tootsie Pop . And An Easter cookie ..
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:24 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
I've never heard of an ALOE-VERA sammich! [um, ewwww] We used to have the ALOE plant in our yard(s) in Hawaii - like all over, kinda like the Oaks or Pines on the mainland and we used it for burns, cuts, etc... but I can't imagine slicing off the hard outter layer and chomping down on the SLIMY wet mushy INNER layer. Did they at least FRY the thing? LOL!
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 9:05 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
TGIF - Senseless Questions! 1) Last person you talked to on the phone (other then spouse)? Sandi 2) What did you eat for dinner last night? Pizza 3) Who is the friend (not family) you have had the longest that you still keep up with? Val 4) Number of keys on your key ring? 4 on my regular key ring and 2 on the ring in my office 5) What are you listening to right now? Today show 6) Farthest you've been away from home, when? Florida (how sad) when I was in high school living in New York 7) Favorite brand of clothing? I don't discriminate...if it has anything to do with shopping, I am THERE!! 8) What fabric detergent do you use? Tide 9) Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets? sunset 10) What is the STRANGEST FOOD ["oh NO you didn't"] ...you've ever eaten? I am not very adventurous with food so I have never eaten anything strange ...and an extra question, just 'cause!! 11) Did you have any EASTER candy this year? Of course! What's Easter without STALE peeps? Had to eat them this year as (hopefully) by next year they will make me dump!
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:28 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
I LOVE "peeps" ...especially if they're fresh out of the freezer! Kinda like the stale ones, but I don't have to wait as long to eat 'em. Gee, you think "impatience" played a factor and contributed to my 400 lbs? Gotta love it when I find ways to EAT sweets faster, vs trying to enjoy/savor the moment! RIGHT! Hey? Lunch is ON YOU, as far as when -- let me know what works with your schedule at the office. LOL, see if you can squeeze me in between your cheetoh and yogurt cravings. [man, I really hate starting the rumor that you're PREGO's - but that's the ONLY reason I can come up with for the cheetoh/yogurt cravings] CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 10:37 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
OMG!!! You are crazy!! Congratulations??? NO! I AM NOT PREGO!!! The yogurt is sugar free/fat free and balances out the badness of the cheetohs!! Tell me you've never done "diet math"...kinda like diet coke & birthday cake...makes the billion calorie cake not count! Once again...I am NOT PREGO!!
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 10:41 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Oh, and to get prego, you would need to be getting some action...NO ACTION HERE!!
MrsTonyaBrown
on 4/20/06 9:09 pm - Jacksonville, FL
1) Last person you talked to on the phone (other then spouse)? My mother. She was half asleep. *She had her surgery in 1995* 2) What did you eat for dinner last night? 1 1/2 hot dogs with cheese and a cup of watermelon. 3) Who is the friend (not family) you have had the longest that you still keep up with? Will. He's our daughter's godfather. Really good guy. 4) Number of keys on your key ring? 7 5) What are you listening to right now? Dora the Explorer and my daughter humming 6) Farthest you've been away from home, when? If you count Florida as my home, Baltimore, MD when we went to visit a friend who is no longer a friend. 7) Favorite brand of clothing? I'm not a brand name junky. Whatever fits. Lately, it's anything in leather. *wink* 8) What fabric detergent do you use? All, dye free 9) Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets? Sunrise for beauty, sunset for when my toddler goes to sleep. 10) What is the STRANGEST FOOD ["oh NO you didn't"] ...you've ever eaten? Strange to whom? I'm a woman who's been pregnant. LOL. Let's see, my favorite used to be dill pickle slices on toast with cheddar cheese, peanut butter and honey. ...and an extra question, just 'cause!! 11) Did you have any EASTER candy this year? I ate 10 jelly beans over the course of four days. *sigh* No real Easter candy. *PS, Lei. August 17th will be our last day in Virginia. Hubby has been confirmed so we'll be all packed and the day after he checks out on the 16th, we'll be on the road. Hope I get to see you at least for a good hug before we go.* Hugs, Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 9:25 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ummmmmmm.... did you really say "HOPE" we can get together????? Hope nothing, woman, let's MAKE it happen!!! I got nothing but TIME on my hands - what works for you? Maybe we can have an INFORMAL "group" lunch or dinner.... if people can show up, great, if not, you know you and (hopefully da' hubbies) will be there. Soooooooooooo - what's your social schedule look like? What works better for you, lunch, dinner, weekdays, weekends? Big group, small group, no groups, just us, I'm flex!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views