Raisins ... Just when you Think ..

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 6:59 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
O My God .. I want you all to know that at almost 2 years out .. and 200 lbs gone later .. that the ole tool may not work as well as it did in the begining .. well I am here to tell you that ... Last night .. I got the munchies .. ate a few raisins .. they tasted so good I went back for more .. and more .. and more and the next thing I know .. I like my Pal Dana .. was in HEEBIE JEEBIE LAND .. I could not stop vomiting .. It was so bad that I was on the phone with Dianna when it hit .. and had to hang up with her .. and spent 30 minutes in Pukedom .. I had never dumped on anything so hard in all my 2 years of this surgery .. NATURAL SUGAR here folks .. a Freakin Raisin .. well .. more like 30 raisins to be exact .. LOL .. So never - never doubt this tool .. It will whip you right back into reality REAL quick .. Just thought I would share ;) Hugs and Happy Friday ! Natalie
Bookworm5648
on 4/20/06 8:08 pm - Manassas Park, VA
Good Morning I had a similar experience about a month ago. I was craving raisins at my Mother in laws house one day. She had a huge box so she put some in a snack sized ziploc baggie. As I was driving to work the next day, I started to eat them. I didn't intend to eat them all, I guess I wasn't paying attention, since I was driving and they tasted so sweet. About an hour later I got the worst cramping in my lower stomach and I ran to the bathroom. 3 diarhea's later I had it all out of my system and my pouch was tender for the rest of the day. The next time I went over to my MIL's I looked at the box for the sugar content and there is like 20 or 30 some grams of sugar per 1/4 cup. I probably ate close to a 1/2 cup! OH MY GOD. No more raisins for me. When I told her the story she laughed and said 'I didn't mean for you to eat the whole baggie at one time'. And now when I visit her she always asks me if I want some raisins. Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 9:29 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. [sigh]... I KNOW You don't wanna hear this, but Im SO JEALOUS!!!! Good grief, I so so so NEEDED the dump factor to kick in with my RNY and it doesn't... at all, not even slightly, period! I read where some people dump on a packet of ketchup and the "green with envy" dude shows up. lol, hell, I don't even look GOOD in green! Sorry to hear you had such a ROUGH night. I don't envy that portion of it at all, the closest I can come to relating is some of the "it's stuck" episodes Ive been through and that can leave me upchucking for HOURS and HOURS. Which makes no sense, cause how can 2 oz of food last for hours? Hey? Don't you have a Birthday coming up in May? I thought we were both May Babies - lol, but Ive been known to be really WRONG many a time. Anyway - send me your "snail mail" address - okay? Saw something last night that reminded me of "itty bitty tiny" YOU and bought it. Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:06 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yes. My Surgery Date is May 27th ....coming up close huh .. Email on it's way ! Huggles... Nat PS .. I wish to God .. I did not dump .. but it works and is all good !!
Sporty Jill
on 4/20/06 10:01 pm - Norfolk, VA
Oh, you poor thing. That just stinks. I've avoided raisins for fear of the natural sugars causing a dumping. In fact, I've gone so far as to pick them out of my oatmeal if they happen to be in there. Plus, I've always been afraid that they wouldn't digest "right". Hope you are feeling better today, and have a GREAT weekend! Jill 263/182/145
LadyDiane
on 4/20/06 10:11 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Nat, I have done the same thing, sometimes those little suckers just taste so good. I usually throw a few in my yogurt or in oatmeal, yummy! Then I get in trouble cause I start to snack on some while i'm mixing them in! I have found that I buy the small mini boxes of rasins instead of the snack size boxes, I don't get in as much trouble (well most of the time, lol). lol, glad your feeling better Have a good weekend Diane
Donut22kids
on 4/21/06 12:14 am - Jeffersonton, VA
Natalie, First of all congradulations on 2 years post-op, and I understand from reading your posts, you have lost an incredible amount of weight already. Wow, sounds like a terrible thing to go through, but I would imagine it brings one back to reality pretty quick. Your pictures are beautiful, you have done so well, I am just 11 weeks out with RNY on 2/8/06. Take CAre, Donna
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/21/06 2:03 am - Danville, VA
Oh My poor Tink....Never really thought about raisins...thanks for sharing that with us. I think I have learned alot this morning between yours and Keiths post!!!!! Well, I guess you will be staying away from raisins for awhile! Love ya..call me later... Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views