Always throwing up and wretching...

Ernurse323
on 4/20/06 11:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Not a very pretty topic, I know. I spoke to my doctor about this at my one month check up and he said I was fine, too early for a stricture, that my pouch and suture line was probably just sensative and to go slow and chew well. Well...I would rather just not eat. (Wow...I can't believe that came out of my mouth..) After I take a few small bites, I am barfing and wretching for hours. It has even gotten worse over the last week. I am able to keep fluids down and also keep my protein levels between 80-100 depending on what I can stomach with liquid protein supplements.. Also...the throat noises are out of control. It sounds like the aliens are trying to come out. My kids' are starting to think I am possessed. The night before Easter I had a bite of Taco Bell and it set me off for hours. Tonight I had "A shrimp and a scallop" and have been throwing up and wretching, off and on, for over 2 hours now. From some of the posts that I have read on the main message board, some people say that this can be considered normal at 6 wks out. But then there are the others that can tolerate everything. The weight loss that is happening with this is one reason why I DONT want to call my doctor to schedule an office visit, and another reason is because I CAN keep fluids down...but I do feel like Sh*T !! Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, when the heck does it go away? Thanks in Advance.. Your pukey WLS pal... Dana
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 11:35 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Pukey Pal!!! (Love that name!) I'm sorry you're feeling like...well...puke...I figured crap wan't appropriate in this situation. Of course I know nothing first hand but I do remember hearing at a support group that as long as the liquids go down it is not a stricture...That seems like good news to me! I wish I could tell you something about the puking but I would probably call the doctor and just have him check it out. If you need anything, please let me know! Even though you left me out there with the nasty sweaty armpit guy!!! Love ya girl! Christine
cappymoon
on 4/20/06 12:21 pm - Northern, VA
nasty sweaty armpit guy
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 9:08 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
you're GUILTY too Miss Dianna!!
Ernurse323
on 4/21/06 2:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Christine.... You know you liked that guy !!!!!!! I will never forget that night !!! Thanks for the response !!!! Look forward to hanging out again. Dana
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 11:51 am - Remington, VA
Oh Dana! I'm so sorry you're feeling like this! Since it's been two weeks since your visit with your surgeon you should probably give him a call about this! And this is happening with no matter what you eat? Vitamins staying down? I wish I could help! Well wishes sent your way! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 12:01 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yes sweety .. wretching and puking .. is the norm .. for most . I did for months .. it did get better .. I had to really evaluate what it was I was eating that did it to me . I know back then .. any meats .. .. up they would come.. Bread . It was so bad I kept Food Lion trash bags in my car as I knew somewhere .. somehow I would Puke ....foam at the mouth .. it was sooooo bad . Just take it easy ... keep fluids ... in .. and just hang in there .. Love ya ! Nat
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 12:12 pm - Remington, VA
Hi Natalie, This is what I dont get. Why is Dana going through this and I'm having no problems with whatever I eat? Not that I'm complaining! I know everyone's different. But remember a week or two ago when I posted about eating the bread? and malabsorption and being confused? this is what's puzzling me! I had asked about the difference between proximal, medial, and distal bypass.....are they what causes such differences as mine and Dana's? I think you said you had some info on it? Can you email it to me....I would be most appreciative.....I tend to want to learn about things I dont quite understand!!!! Thank you Angel Natalie! Kirsten
Ernurse323
on 4/21/06 3:03 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for the reply Kirsten.... Be glad you aren't throwing up and wretching. I am so drained today. It lasted 5 hrs last night...off and on. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...Well, let me rephrase..I wouldn't wish this on anyone I liked...hehehe Big Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 3:21 am - Remington, VA
Dana, BIg hugs right back at ya! Sounds like you've got a plan now. Hope ya feel better! Take it easy! Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views