Hello Everyone! A little about me and my new journey

bicolasawa
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hello, My name is Autumn, I posted to another board and someone told me that there was a board here in Virginia. I am excited about that! Im located in Chesapeake Va, Born and Raised. I have like alot of people been battleing my weight most my life. When I have my 2 children I really blimped up! I dont go anywhere unless I have to. I work from home. So no need to go into public. I am 5'5 and I weigh 240 lbs. My BMI is 41. I have Alliance insurance and I dont have a Doc yet because I need to go to a meeting before I will be assigned one. I am going to get the Lap Band operation and I will be going throught Norfolk Surgical. But again Im not sure what Doc. I was told by my Family Doc that Insurance will cover me because I am at a health risk. I am only 25 years old. My mother had a stroke at a very young age of 42. We have a histery of alot of problems and I have already had my galbladder removed because of my weight. I look forward to getting to know everyone and any advice anyone has to offer I will greatly appreciate! Also has anyone else been through Norfolk surgical? What steps do they make you take? I have heard many things. I would like to get this done soon as I have been fighting my Family Docs for more than 2 years now. I will be talking to you all soon! Thank you Sincerely, Autumn
Kathy & Rich
on 4/20/06 8:38 am - Fairfax, VA
Welcome, Autumn! I don't know that we have many lap banders on the board so far. I know Heather had one and she has done very well with hers. Good luck with your meeting! Best wishes, Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 8:49 am - Danville, VA
Welcome, Autumn...this is the very best board out there and we have all been through some of the same stuff...it is a great place to get support, love and meeting new friends. I had open RNY in December and would do it all over again if I had to. It is quite a journey and so much fun. The advice and the caring you get from the people on the board is a life saver. I am glad you found us! I am sure you will get alot of answers about your area. I live in Danville and don't know much about the Norfolk area. Good luck in you venture and we are here for you. Hugs, Betsy
cappymoon
on 4/20/06 9:47 am - Northern, VA
Welcome to the VA Board Autumn!! If you have any questions, please post them and I am sure someone will know the answer for ya!! I am into the 15th month of my journey, and have not looked back. In fact my sister just got home from her surgery and we are hoping to put our father in the hospital on May 5th!! I wish my whole family would have the surgery (Especially my brother, he has to be 450lbs, and I am so scared one day we will get the call he just dropped dead from a heart attack) Anyways, I digress......just wanted to welcome you to the best board out there!! Feel free to take a peek at my profile..... Dianna
Christine Hood
on 4/20/06 10:17 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Autumn, I am still going through the process (been doing it since Oct/Nov last year). I am using Norfolk Surgical Group. I am very impressed with the surgeons but it has been a long process. I am trying for the RNY as it generally yields better results and insurance does (often) like to pay for Lap Band (well, mine doesn't anyway). Make sure you do all of your research and don't completely eliminate the RNY until you have thoroughly checked it out. In my research, I have found that people who go for the RNY are generally much more satisfied with the result. In any event, you need to call your insurance company and ask if you have the "obesity rider for gastric bypass". Also, Norfolk Surgical has a $495 program fee that must be paid at your consultation appointment. The steps required generally vary by insurance company so you should really call your insurance company and get a printed copy of the policy guidelines for WLS. I had to have a psych evaluation, sleep study, liver/gallbladder ultrasound, chest xray, ekg, 6 months of supervised diet, tons of bloodwork and I had to attend support groups and an exercise/nutrition class. Hope that helped! Feel free to contact me if you need more info! Good Luck! Christine
Sporty Jill
on 4/21/06 12:09 am - Norfolk, VA
Autumn..... There you are. NOW you are at the right place (hehehehe). Welcome tot he VA board. You'll find a great bunch of people here with alot of experience - we are ALL at different stages of our journeys. I don't know anything about Norfolk Surgical Group, but I'm sure that if you don't get enough info on this post, if you re-port w/ the title "Norfolk Surgical Group Info Needed" or something along those lines, it will draw attention to your specific need. Good luck to you and try and have fun! Jill 263/182/145
elizabethc03
on 4/21/06 12:11 am - Cypress, TX
Hi Autumn, I live in Chesapeake too. Near Greenbrier mall. I also had surgery thru Norfolk Surgical with Dr. Snyder...who ROCKS!!! by the way. They'll take good care of you there. It's been not quite 4 months since my surgery and I'm doing better than I even hoped I would. When I went home for Easter my parents were amazed at the difference which was really nice. If you want to chat feel free to email me any time. Liz
bicolasawa
on 4/21/06 12:48 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it alot! I feel like part of the Family already. I am excited about going and getting this done. I have been fighting to have it done for more than 2 years. I think the determining factore for my Doc was that I had to have my galbladder removed and it was do to my weight and also on top of that I had pancrintitis (SP) . So The ball is now rolling. Well see. Im excited and nervous as Im sure most of you were! I will keep everyone posted on what is going on. I am so glad I found this group because now I know that I will be talking to people who KNOWS what I am going to go through. Who has been there! I look forward to knowing each and everyone of you and meeting you someday! Thank you again for the warm welcome. Hugs to you all! Autumn
hollydecarlo
on 4/21/06 10:53 pm - hopewell, VA
Welcome autumn, glad to have you here!! You will see the people on the va boards are one of a kind.. There awesome.... Take care and hope to see many more post from you !! Hopefully you can meet us all some day soon... Holly
cheryl_jagow
on 4/22/06 3:38 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
Girl I know how you feel!!!! Been there done that. Im 25 in chesapeake as well.. Email me we can talk. Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views