my mini WOW's

cpatters
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Rockingham County, VA
OK, I know that I am loosing weight. I am down from a size 22/24 to a size 18/20. Logically, I know it, but, illogically I cant see it. I look into a mirror and still see the same old me. What blows me away is my friends/co-workers telling me how good I am looking. They tell me nearly every time they see me. (which may only be about once or twice a week for some, shift work you know) I even have one guy who has teasingly nicknamed me Twiggy now (Gotta love him) But what I am trying to say is that if it wasnt for people giving me complements which I call my mini WOW"s, I may not even realize that I am loosing. I went shopping the other day and tried on clothes and could not bare to look into the mirror, I still looked as big as I ever did. What's up with my brain? I think I have a case of the mirrorvisionitis Have a great day! It is 80 degrees here and simply beautiful outside today. Cathy
Ms Court
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Remington, VA
Isn't it great Cathy, you sound like you are doing excellent. They say it takes awhile for the brain to catch up to the body. In the begining this was really frustrating for me. Now some days I see it and some days I don't. Still frustrating but I know it is happening. Keep up the great work and soon you will be melting away literally & mentally. Courtney
Sporty Jill
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Norfolk, VA
Cathy- I have gone from 263 to 183. That's 80 pounds, and it look for Leilani to really point it out with side-by-side before and after pictures to prove it. I see myself every day, and yet, in the mirror, I STILL do not see it. I question if i ever will. Jill 263/183/145
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Danville, VA
Cathy, I know exactly how you feel...when we look in the mirror everyday we still see the old person. Thank goodness for people who only see us occasionally or I would wonder if this was working. My nickname at church now is "little bit"...gotta love it. My scales keep stalling and driving me crazy... I am walking, drinking my protein and eating like I should but it just keeps stalling. Guess I am still a slow loser. Must be my age. Anyway, just keep up the good work and your mind will catch up one day. Hugs, Betsy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Jacksonville, FL
It ain't your age. :P I'm only 31 and I stall like crazy. Working out 3 days a week, plus chasing my 2 yr old around, trying to sort out this house for our move back to Florida in August, eating as well as I can and I'm still stalled too. :P I came off it to lose 2 lbs and then it's back again. *sigh* Hugs, Tonya
prissy25
on 4/20/06 8:35 am - Barboursville, VA
Every little helps, keep up the good work. Hope to see you on the 29th.
Kathy & Rich
on 4/20/06 8:40 am - Fairfax, VA
Someday your brain will accept what the mirror actually sees. It might take a long while though. Enjoy the compliments and take my word for it... people do see a difference and are not just being nice. You might not see it but they do! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views