Thank you, Virginia!!!

LB
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Northern, VA
I just wanted to throw out a BIG THANK YOU to all my Virginia board friends!!! You have all been so wonderful for me. I don't post a ton, but just reading your responses helps me in so many ways. I realized this morning as I was reading one of the posts that you have all become my substitute mother, (yes, even the guys) because my mom is usually the person with all the answers to my questions. She's the one that encourages and supports. She's the one who tells me what I SHOULD be doing, when I'm doing something wrong. Unfortunately, as much as I love her, she can't do any of those things (as far as WLS goes) as well as you guys! I was reading Lei's post about getting her pedometer back and how it renewed her faith in her fellow man. Well, I have to say, when I come to this board, it renews my faith in fellow man. The thing is, you all offer this great advice and support simply out of the goodness of your hearts. No one is paying you to sit at the other end of the computer and type answers to the same questions you get every other week! You do it because you care and want to help other people who are navigating the same unfamiliar territory you have. I just want to say, the people on this board are very special people. I don't meet people like you every day.
Ms Court
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Remington, VA
Very nicely said. I agree that the VA board is a great bunch. Courtney
cappymoon
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Northern, VA
Wow, Lacey, I needed this post at this time. I have been doubting my fellow human beings lately, but this has renewed my faith in the board. I have been involved in some drama lately (Not of my making ) and it just makes me sick and tired of the things that go on here. So I have been trying to come here and post about WLS....that is what this board is here for, support. Making friends and plans and such is just the icing on the cake. Just as WLS is to loose weight and get healthy. Looking good is a side benefit. I will continue to try and help where I can....you cant make me go away that easy.... Thanks again for this post.....I am sending my thanks out to VA as well!! Dianna
Kathy & Rich
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Fairfax, VA
Very sweet, LB! Great sentiment. And remember...you are so very special too! Best wishes, Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Danville, VA
Beautifully said, Hon....I feel the same way...this board IS my family and I have met and love some incredible other "tiny pouch people" ... I couldn't tell you how much love and support I have gotten from here. I have never felt so much love. We all have a very special bond together and it is wonderful. My life has changed so much as there really are angels here on the board. I love each and every one of you. This board is the berry best!!!!! Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/07 5:42 am - Yakima, WA
Excellent Dave. Thank you for the feedback! I'll pass it up the chain
Donut22kids
on 4/21/06 12:30 am - Jeffersonton, VA
I also agee, I read much more than post, you all are a great bunch of people. I am not sure what I would have done after my surgery if not for the OH board. I hit so many low points and was confused about so many things, down right depressed some times. It never failed that if I went online to ask for help, there you guys were. Thank you all so very much. 48 pounds lighter as of this AM. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views