Update

Judy B.
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Marion, VA
Hi everyone I am at my niece's using her computer. I wanted to update you all on my situation. Things got too stressful at home taking care of my mom 24/7 and it was interfering with alot of things, namely my marriage,and my mental health and my weight loss just stopped due to the overwhelming stress. I had a nervous breakdown and was inthe hospital for a few days to recooperate myself. I now am staying between twoplaces. Luckily they are in an upstairs apartment and the apartment below, one is my niece and nephewand there spouses and the other is their mom and her family, and they are super to phil and myself. We have found a townhouse apartment and some furniture...although we lack in some things, we are going to be just fine. We will be moved by May 1st, if not a little sooner. I am still stressed and anxious about lots of things surrounding thischange..but it will get better. I will still help take care of mom, but from a distance. It is better that way. I have considered myself a failure..but everyone around me who knows me , says I have definitely not failed, I just need to turn mom's care over to my other siblings now. I took care of my dad until he passed away, and took care of mymom all my life. Now its their turn. I do feel stressed that I haven't seenmy mom for a week and amnot caring for her, but I hope she understands why some day. I love you all and Iwill try tokeep you posted... I will have myhome phone on may 1st if anyone wants the number, please emailme at [email protected] and i will try and check myemail in a few days.. Take care of yourselves and eachother. Hugs JudyB
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Judy - Sorry to hear about the newest challenges/curve balls being tossed your way. The best gift you can give to yourself and those around you, is to LOVE and take care of YOURSELF, first. It's human nature, well, nah - that's not true, but it's the case with those with compassion and love in their hearts - to take care of everyone else around 'em FIRST. Then what little scraps of energy and minutes are left in a day, we direct what's left towards ourselves. More times then not, we come up short, which in turn, takes a toll on our health, outlook, attitudes, happiness, etc. Unfortunately,with time, our health begins to pay the ultimate price. ALWAYS make yourself FIRST in life, period. It then provides you the inner and physcial strength to reach out and help others. Good luck to you - Lei
Shanana
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Altavista, VA
Take care of yourself Judy. Glad to see you posting again. You are worth everything good you are doing for yourself. I too find myself putting others before myself. Hope you are on the trail to happy destiny. Shannon
Sporty Jill
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Norfolk, VA
Judy- I am So glad to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Too bad you had to take that bumpy road, first, but it sounds like things are getting back on track. I know how hard it is to deal with taking care of a parent. I took care of my Mom for many years and yes, it put a HUGE strain on my marriage, and on me. My husband transferred us to Washington just to get away from it. Now, 6 years later, I let me sister deal with it (she was originally part of the problem as well), while I sit back, take care of me and my family, and participate when I feel I mentally can. If I feel that I cannot do it that day, then I won't. Don't get me wrong. I love my Mom, but if I know that it is going to be mentally draining t deal with her that day, I won't put myself (or my family) through that again. But, we love ya and are here for ya! Jill 263/183/145
Pat F.
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Richmond, VA
Judy, please do what is best for you. You have done a great job with your mom and now is time for you and your family. I know where you are coming from I am dealing with taking care of my dad by myself and it has cause some problems on the home front but I am the only one left to care for him. So take time to pamper yourself and do some fun things.Keep in touch and I will keep you in my prayers and throughts. May God bless and keep you in his Love.
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetness...I hope things are going really well for you. You know I am here for you should you need me. You have a special place in heaven for doing what you have done...it is time for you and Phil now. Lei is right, you need to do what is best for you now. It is your time, girlfriend...Love ya. Hugs, Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 4/20/06 8:44 am - Fairfax, VA
Judy, The best thing you can do is to put yourself first and take care of you. I honestly believe that if you don't care of yourself... you will be unable to truly help take care of anyone else. Sounds like you are making a good healthy move. I hope that everything goes well for you and that you are feeling better each and every day. I hope that all goes well with you and hubby too. Hugs, Kathy
A10sFrau
on 4/20/06 8:51 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Judy, (I am computerless until after payday, myself. I have come up to work during breakj just to get my fix of OH, which I have missed for 3 days!) Glad to hear from you and to learn you are moving in the direction of increased happiness! Godbless! Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views