June Bash

prissy25
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Barboursville, VA
I didnt post what I said to step on anyones toes.Or offend anyone, God Bless those doing what there doing. I was only speaking for my finacial situation,only saying it was a little out of my budget. I am unable to spread my funds so far, though I along w/ others would love to be there in June its just not feasable (sp) @ this time.Why is it that some can get on here and post these sob stories and never get negative feedback, and let little ole me say something about myself and other's take offence? I dont have a sugar daddy or a big bank acoount or rich friends hell I do good to feed myself on my income a month. But like I said I was only posting my opinion and Im sorry I have upset some.
David@Goal
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - VA
Hey- free country!! Post away!! You did not hurt my feelings in a bit(if you were even referring to me) I will admit that post did cause me to address the cost- but more importantly respond to Cleve's coment that we could just get together! I felt it was a great time to remember that VA WLS Friends get together all the time. This event is different. I more than understand the levels of socio-economic background that obesity preys upon- and wls helps. As long as we continue to love and support each other - that is all that matters. If this particular event is too rich for some people's blood- the next one might be the fit they are seeking! David
cappymoon
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Northern, VA
I knew it was my unruley hubby....sometimes I wish I could gag and hog tie him and throw him in a closet I am glad you confirmed that this is not a meet and greet, but is a conference....sure to make a debate in our household for DAYS!!!! and the debate continues...but make no mistake, we will BOTH be there, since we had so much fun at the last one (Although I wish we could get a good ol fashioned meet and greet that would attract the entire country of WLS patients.....but, that is only one womans wish ) Thanks again for putting this together....... Dianna
Susan E.
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Purcellville, VA
Don't take it personally. It is a reach for those on fixed income. I'm sure anything said was not directed to you.Just a blanket statement. In Jan. there were some that expressed there concerns over cost involved. I think it may make David feel bad. He would love for everyone to come. He puts alot of time and effort into it and bargins to get the best pricing for us. Infact he prob. gets it very discounted because he works there. Don't feel bad for sharing your feelings with your buddies here. Thats what this forum is here for. We all need to support one another. You never know, maybe it will work out somehow you can attend. It would be great to meet you. You are looking awesome. Hugs Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Oh Melinda , no one has been upset . Just concerned it all that this is percieved as a money maker . As when costing the entire conference , the monies spent are to pay for food, vendor spots , advertising .. etc . There are people that have emailed me that they would like to pay in - installments - weekly so they can come . The cost for this conference is great compared to some I have been too . In responce to your post about peoples sob stories, rich friends and sugar daddies . Well , everyone has issues , whether it be money .. or health .. and this family here on the VA board is one of the most gracious group I have ever met . I get emails all the time about struggles that we go through .. and I see the support given here on the boards . We truly wish everyone could come to the Event in June . And we realize that money can be a concern for some . That is why the cost is as low as it is . And trust me - when compared to those big organized conferences this price is a steal .. Best wishes to you .. and know that no one is upset w you . Natalie
Sporty Jill
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Norfolk, VA
Nat- Can you provide some information regarding the speakers on Saturday morning during the round table discussions? What topics will they be discussing, who are they, etc. Also, will there be any Vendors there that we can chat with regarding their products? Also, I've been to Richmond several times. Are there any alternate plans for those who do not want to tour Richmond? Thanks Jill
Sporty Jill
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Norfolk, VA
No offense here. With the price of gas going up I have to think about whether I really want to go and party or not. Does anyone have any information regarding speakers? Based on the intinery I saw it seemed more like a get-together and less of a convention. Jill
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Remington, VA
Jill. The gas prices going up do pose a bit of a glitch.....maybe people can carpool! I know we wouldn't mind going in with someone going to Richmond from our direction! Everybody chips in an voila! If there's a will there's a way! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
The speakers will be some of the well known associates from MCV's surgical and nursing teams . The group sessions will be conducted by myself and David . There will be plenty of Vendors there to offer products as well as WLS activities. I do understand about the cost of gas. But trust me .. ask anyone that attended Richmond in January . This indeed was a conference.. get together .. HOME COMING .. all wrapped up into one . I hate that you will miss it . Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Danville, VA
Hi Melinda...I am not sure how to respond to this post. This board is very supportive to anyone in need. There is love here and I truley appreciate the friendships I have met here. I have been very fortunate to have a bond with so many. About sob stories...we all have them and when there is a need, these people reach out to anyone. When we are down, our friends lift us up as you have me..with emotional support. I don't think that anyone took offense to your post and I am sorry you saw it that way. I don't think I have ever asked anyone to do anything special for me. These people are loving and do it from their hearts. I had no idea that I was going to be able to go to the conference! I am no more special to this board than you are. I have taken these people into my heart and they have taken me in theirs. We all have a special bond together and it is so important to me. All I know is that God has blessed me with so much in the last 4 months and has sent me these angels to my life. We all care about each other as I do you. If I had the money, you would be at the conference also. All I can do is to love and support anyone I can. I do care about you and am concerned for you also. I hope this came acrossed the right way as I am not good with words. Love, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views