My Wow moments!!

beth-d
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Richmond, VA
Hello all I know I haven't posted in a while but I must share my recent wow moments! I had my second stricture and went in for an EGD about 1 1/2 weeks ago when they went to send me home the nurse came around the corner with one of those tiny normal sized wheelchairs - I thought to myself - here we go again - another embarrassing moment!! Because I haven't fit in one of those in quite some time (years) So I reluctantly got up and went to try it - Well, I slid right in!! I began singing that I fit in a regular wheel chair and started doing the paegent wave all the way to the car - The nurse thought I was crazy, and I didn't care I was sooo happy! My next wow moment is this past week I was looking at my this end up kitchen chairs - I have 2 that have the arms and 2 that don't - I always sit in the ones without because I can't fit in the others - So I decided to try my luck! Well, once again I fit!! I just sat there in amazement when one of my twin girls went nuts and started jumping around and pointing at me - My other twin was going what?? When she blurted out Mommy is in the chair, Mommy fits in the chair - she was so excited for me - it was really a neat moment! Well - those are my wow moments for now! Hope everyone enjoys them - in our recovery, sometimes it is the littlest thing that really makes everything seem worth it and brightens your day!
Ms Court
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Remington, VA
Wow Beth those are pretty spectacular. It is definitely the little things that you wouldn't normally think about. I started my annual preseason tanning last week and it was kind of cool because I fit a whole lot better in the bed and found it a whole lot easier to get out of. Keep up the fine work. Courtney
beth-d
Well that is a great wow moment! Congrats to you! I can't wait to go to the movies and check out their seats! LOL
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Danville, VA
Hi Beth...Glad to see you again! Aren't the small things wonderful wow moments???? Who would have thought...I got so excited when I actually found knuckles!!! Then I found knee bones and bones I didn't even realize I had...this is an exciting journey and I love every little wow moment. Couldn't have gotten this far with out my little pouch... Hugs, Betsy Member of the tiny pouch people...hehe
Kitty Kat
See? Beautiful I TOLD you! It's all these little moments that'll getcha! People think we are on crack a lot of the time with our excitement over what it the norm to/for them but girl I'm telling you write them ALL down because these are just the beginning. There is MUCH more to come. I am SO happy for you and wanted to say it here even though we talk all the time! Kat
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:32 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
....the pageant wave?? TOO FUNNY! Loved it. Its a shame someone wasn't around with a camera at that moment - that's one "memory" that will FOREVER bring a smile to your face and your heart. Make sure to update this to your profile - 'special moments' like this, is what will keep you successful LONG term. Once you've reached goal and the daily struggles of maintaining seem too much - being able to relive moments like this pageant wave, will hopefully be enough to give you the determination to continue. - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views