Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Lelandmm
on 4/19/06 2:31 am - Chesapeake, VA
How many of us realize that Out of Sight, Out of Mind is true? I am one who finally realized that I need to SEE things to remember them. So, I have a bottle of each of the type of supplement that I take sitting on my microwave. When I throw my lunch together in the morning, I grab my multivitamin and calcium while I am packing. When I get my lunch out of my frig (whether its a Lean Cuisine type thing or leftovers), my shakes are right there, so I grab one of those too. Once I get to work, there is another set of supplements sitting on my desk. I know, it looks weird. I've had vendors stop by and say "Aren't you a little too old for Flinstones?" Usually I read in my room at night for at least an hour. On the weekends, I am slow to get moving, so I am upstairs for hours before I head downstairs. I bought I third set of supplements and it sits on my dresser. No matter where I am, or what I am doing, these vitamins and calcium are looking at me saying "hello, you haven't taken me today". When my travel for work starts back up, I'll buy a fourth set to keep in my suitcase. I know it seems crazy to buy 3 bottles of calcium at $9 each, 3 bottles of B12 at $5 each, 3 bottles of Vitamin C at $5 each and 3 bottles of Flinstones at $8 each, but if I have to look for it, I will forget. For me, its worth the expense to have 3 full sets of supplements. I dont have to pack a pill sorter every night or every week. I just leave the jars out where I can see them. The only problem is I have to put them up when my nephew comes over. I made the mistake of giving him a calcium once. Now, if he sees it, he says "I want LeeLee's Candy". So I just put it in the cabinet when he comes over. Not that calcium is bad for him, but he would probably eat the whole jar if I let him! Just my one little way to keep me on track! Now if I could figure a way to keep the gym in my sight all day, I would be set! Leland
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views