Frustration!

ElizabethC
on 4/16/06 11:41 pm - Wirtz, VA
I've really been down in the dumps the past couple of days. I'm having a hard time getting in enough protein and liquid. My pouch is so small (my surgeon said he made it smaller than usual because of my size-I can hold less than 1/4 cup of food before I feel full) that even with using the Z-Pro supplements (25g per 2-4oz serving), I can't get the protein in, and then with having to wait the hour before & after for liquids, I feel thirsty ALL the time. I am eating 6-7 times a dayright now. I lost 23 pounds the first week, then 6 the second, 4 the third, I am literally afraid to step on the scale tomorrow. I haven't cheated at all....no sugary junk, no carbs other than what's in the stuff I am supposed to have. Been taking my vitamins religiously. Walking 10 minutes 2x a day (having back problems or would do more). So where am I going wrong, or am I just being impatient/unrealistic with how fast the weight should come off?? Also, can drinking "too much" at once stretch your pouch out, or does the liquid pretty much slide on through? I am still sipping, afraid that taking normal swallows of liquid is going to mess everything up! Elizabeth
A10sFrau
on 4/17/06 12:32 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Your weight loss is normal. Congratulations! Just keep sipping that protein, and sip tha****er. Your new stomach will stretch out some as time goes on. You may want to take in some water during the night. Good luck, Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/17/06 1:41 am - Danville, VA
Hi Elizabeth, So happy to hear from you. I have been worried about you. You sound like you are doing great...don't stress...just sip.. I just seem to not lose any and can't understand it. It is depressing but I know that I am drinking my protein and all...oh well, maybe something will happen soon. Glad to hear you are doing well. Hugs, betsy
beth-d
on 4/17/06 6:46 am - Richmond, VA
Hey, I was having a hard time with the protein drinks also - then I went to bariatriceating.com and found the 2.9 oz protein drink - they come in Blue rasberry and fruit punch - I got blue rasberry - they also have extra vitamins in them - they are really good and in about 6 swallows you are done - they pack a whopping 25 grams of protein a test tube - it has made such a difference in my protein intake! You can get them in so easy - please go check it out - also the coffee flavored protein drinks they have are to die for! I had 2 strictures - so I can really relate - I am dropping weight again since I am on these shakes! Good Luck and hope that this helps! Beth
Linda Y.
on 4/17/06 10:18 am - Portsmouth, VA
If it helps my Dr. said I can wait 30 minutes before & after to drink water. I don't wait an hour & I"m doing fine. Also you can go straight from drinking your protein to drinking water...that's drinking only, not eating! As for your pouch stretching out from liquids...no it won't. All-in-all sounds like your doing great. Keep up the good work! Anastasia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views