Happy Monday Morning - ALL!!

Betsy Anitahug
on 4/17/06 1:26 am - Danville, VA
Good morning, Lei....Wow what an eventful weekend for you which will probably make my weekend bore you to tears....I got up Friday morning and decided to go to the laundry mat to do my laundry before it got piled up....hehe...smart, right? Got home, put the laundry away, took my shower and got all dressed up for our Good Friday Service at church, (I am in the choir)....went out to my car which I have just spend hundreds of dollars on to get running and guess what????? Battery dead as a door nail. Well, depression sets in....Saturday, I walk down to the store for Diet Coke ( I still have rum left) and got smashed Saturday night...sitting here all alone...then Sunday...same old thing. Stuck here in the house until I can get the car fixed....Oh well, without the bad stuff, how would we ever recognize the good stuff, right? Didn't see a soul on Easter, just sat here feeling sorry for meself...Thank goodness for all my far away freinds...I love you guys and miss ya... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/06 6:43 am - Remington, VA
Awww Betsy....wish we lived closer....We coulda hung out together!
A10sFrau
on 4/17/06 3:45 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Friday morning was the first day of Spring break. I vacuumed, did laundry and dusted. In the afternoon I picked up my taxes from the acccountant and learned I owe the IRS and state as much as a new car . Saturday I cleaned gutters (the torrential rains have been overflowing the durn things), carried brush to a pile in the back, Cody picked up sticks and worked on brush, Dusty mowed front and back (inside the fence) and got rid of 2 dead trees. After Cody took off for the river, Dusty and I cut the dead canes out of the thornless blackberries and I mowed the back outside the fence. Then I went for a long motorcycle ride and good thing since Sunday the rains came. Yesterday I did more house chores and cooked beef tenderloin for dinner--my first small taste of it since surgery. I saved a whole steak for today. Wanted to just test the waters yesterday. Basically lazed around watching tv and using the internet. Big regret is that I had planned to do lots of walking these past 4 days and the rain and chores didn't allow it. The original forecast said clear and cool today--HA . I am confined to the compound due to $ woes, so will walk down into the big G-town and then around town when the weather co-operates. The dogs keep coming in wet, though, so I am not holding my breath. The best part of the weekend has been spending time with my chillins', Before I know it they will be gone, so now is the time for me to strike while the iron is hot. PS--I cut some beautiful and exotic smelling lilacs which are now on the end table. Boy, do I enjoy having my own posies in the house!! I will rank my weekend right there next to Betsy's as far as action is concerned . Love you all! OH helped occupy my all weekendm, and will this week, too. Lois
obxlovin
on 4/17/06 5:33 am - Virgina Beach, VA
Happy Monday/Sring/Easter To all! This week end was too busy. Friday night or Friday, we spent at the doctors with my middle daughter (4)Georgie. She has asthma, and we are having a rough time, trying to control it. Tom. is the long awaited allergist appointment at CHKD. On top of that she and her sister lottie( 18 mos) have a grand puking bug going on. Sat, puking seemed to be over, went to Church where my hubby, good sport that he is, was the Easter Bunny for about 45 kids, who were either A. terrified of the bunny ( georgie claims that she does not like bunnies because they have sharp shark teeth), or they attacked him. Then we went to a friends house for an egg hunt which was out side because of the fantastic weather, which then set off another round of asthma for georgie. Sat afternoon, hubby went to library to study( he and I are both going back to school, him to do law, me I want to be a nurse), and he studied for about oh 7 hours. By then the girls and I had dyed eggs, painted them to Glow in the Dark,( Maris (6), the oldest was very adamant about this) and we had to make cookies for the bunny, etc. I was DESPERATE for a Margartia by this point, and instead settled for a sweet tea ( I know this will be a NO NO soon), and started to stuff baskets. I was then alerted by the sounds of more puking up stairs. Why not? So after settling the girls down, I unstuffed thier baskets( throwing out ALL but a few pieces of candy) and filled them with art stuff instead. Sunday, church, Hubby sang in Choir, Love him, but he is a tad of a Drama King, then went to Dads for another egg hunt, then to my mothers for another egg hunt, then met the rest of the family for dinner at Grate Steak, good steak, bad timing with kids. Came home, was going to sit out side by the fire pit, when a thunderstorm came in. Stayed in, watched the new show What About Brian( i thought it was good) read a garden magazine and then I thought I would dye my hair. tried to darken my hair my self, Now I have Brownish Red Glaze spots along my neck, and face where I didn't pay attention, so people are going to think I rammed my head through a wooden door. Lovely. So there you have it. Easter grass and basket 28 dollars,Art Supplies and Toys 35 dollars, not having to clean up chunks of half eaten Peter Rabbit or Marshmellow Ducks: Price Less.
track
on 4/17/06 2:16 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Didn't do much of anything this last weekend...except that we spent friday night playing music at "The Country Store" in Floyd, VA, in the Blue Ridge Mtns, and staying at a great little hideaway just off the parkway. And hiking up and down the trails off the parkway, and visiting some great little shops and seeing some amazing scenery, and trying to avoid the forst fire in Patrick County, and then hiking up the second highest peak in VA, otherwise known as Buffalo Mountain, with an absolutely amazing 360 deg. view of the state, with a vista of 20 miles to infinity at sunset, and having scrumptious little meals at old hippie cafe's in Floyd, VA. But other than that...we didn't do much of anything!
bkhunter68
on 4/17/06 4:09 pm - VA
Missed you and Paul last saturday night, I know I screwed that up, But prefer to blame it on the storm. LOL, Mini Isabel. But this weekend was the end of a (Easter vacation) Hell no, I'm not PC. Went to the PT job on saturday and then to my sisters house on the MD, Eastern Shore on sunday for Easter Dinner. I am so Done with Driving for a while. I put over a grand on the odometer last week. Hell the old girl i****ting the Quarter century mark on the odometer, And I have past it personaly a while back. But I did have a great time in norfolk with everybody. Disreguard My beiotchicing at the time. Thats just me. Hope to see you again in Richmond.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views