Hey everyone....I am back!

Tam
on 4/15/06 12:54 am - Richmond, VA
Hi! I missed everyone so much and am glad to be back. We had a rough week with the funeral and all and then a fantastic week with vacation at the beach. I had a great time dancing at Have a nice day cafe and meeting some new people. We just got back this morning. My daughter Kara broke her foot while we were at the beach! She is better now but trying to manuver on crutcher is a challenge. She is 11 years old. She is getting the hang of it, but we are keeping her off of her foot as much as possible and keeping it elevated. We have a field trip this week so I think I am going to be pushing her in a wheelchair for that one. It is a 3.5 mile walking tour at Pamplin Historical park and I can not imagine her doing that on cruthces! I will be reading all of the posts that I missed for the last two and a half weeks and trying to catch up some. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers daily and I hope all is going well for everyone. Thanks to all of you that responded to the post when my husbands grandfather passed away. It shows how much we all really do care about each other. Hope to see you soon! Tammy C
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/06 4:09 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, Glad to see you're back. Sorry to hear about your 11 yr old. Poor thing.( I wonder which of you is worse off mom or daughter!?!) I have boys, 13 and 9....cant imagine them breaking anything (I should knock on wood!) The worst they've had is stitches....both tof them. The youngest had to get some in his scalp when he was 4! They were playing karate(not that either of them knew what they were doing).....the big one karate chopped the yougest who ended head first intot a door frame! Kids! Happy field tripping! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/06 8:24 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Welcome home Tammy!! It was GREAT seeing you last Friday (was it really only a week ago? Seems like it was much longer, doesnt it?) ...anyway, Im SO GLAD you were able to break away and join us. From all that dancing you did that night, I think it's safe to say ...YOU'RE glad you could join us too? Sorry to hear about your daughters foot - yikes!! Ive never broken a bone in my body, even during my younger days and attempts at surfing - but I can "imagine" the pain that comes with it. Hope to see you again, in the near future, or at the very least, June? Hugs - Lei
Kathy & Rich
on 4/15/06 10:01 pm - Fairfax, VA
Welcome back! Again, I'm sorry for your family's loss. And sorry to hear about your daughter's foot. Owie! Glad to hear that it doesn't change your plans. Guess you'll be getting a harder workout in the park pushing her around, eh? Take care! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views