Thank you Leilani....

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 11:42 pm - Remington, VA
.....for the tip on coffee in the morning with protein!!! I'm enjoying a cup right now, decaf Maxwell HOuse instant, with half a scoop of vanilla protein, some FFskim milk and 1/2 pack sweetnlow---going down too easy!!!! I might try the full scoop of protein later as it mixed in so well. So thank you Leilani, as I'd read about having the protein in your coffeee somewhere and decided to give it a try! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 12:44 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello KRISTEN, that's awesome!!!! So glad to hear it helped, whatever it takes to choke the crap, er, I mean...those yummy shakes down, right? You're probably NOT gonna believe this, but Im actually DRINKING one as I type. It's my second for the day. Probably sounds like Im an INFORMERCIAL waiting to happen, but I'm not. Hmmmmmm...... maybe I should consider marketing it? hehehe, when I see what people spend for Achieve, I'm sure I can undercut the $3.00+ bucks per bottle w/shipping ...maybe sell mine at 50 cents each? I'd still TRIPLE my profit and fellow-buddies would save money! What should we call it Kirsten? Figure you should be a part of this new and improved product. If they can find buyers for the (stupid dumb ridiculous ignorant comical) POUCHPAL, I know you and I are gonna be rich!!!! Okay - Im being serious again (for a second) ...I really am glad it worked for you. In the winter time, you can also do it in hot coffee. Just don't BOIL your water - if it comes straight from the pot, that TEMP is fine and won't break down the proteins. Oh, and if you want to do it HOT? Put a little bit of powder in your cup with a table spoon or two of water, mix it up, into a paste, add a little more water, (kinda like you're making gravy) till it's a little more soupier, THEN add the bulk of the hot coffee. This way there are NO lumps! Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 12:46 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaargh, IM SORRY - I hate when people mess up on my name (I know, silly pet peever, but true) and I try to be SO careful when I type others. Wish we could EDIT our posts here - soon, I hear? Anyway - I meant KIRSTEN!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 1:03 am - Remington, VA
Leilani, LMAO!!! you are so funny! Hmmmmm, a name of rour new product...POUCHPAL's good!!! As long as nobody calls it PP for short! I actually had mine in a cup of hot coffee this a.m. It's dreary and a lsigh t*****illy here, so thought it would be in order to have a warm cup o' joe! I put the skim milk in to cool it down and then added the "crap". LOL! I learned that one a while back while trying to put the "crap" in International Instant Coffeee, and drank a sip of curds! BLECKKKK!!! I love it in the regular (decaf) coffeee....will try it iced tonight! No problem on the name...didn't even notice! Just get it right from now on...ya here?!!! hahahaha I saw where your hubby's leaving tomorrow. I'm right there with ya...mine's in the Air Force and has done tons of deployments. So I'm here for ya! I'd say you're welcome here to Deliveranceville anytime, but it's kinda boring.....peaceful, but not much going on around here. Well I've never gone cowtipping!?! Anyway. I hope to get together and meet you someday....if not before June, in June. Have a great weekend.....keep smilin'! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 1:15 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
...uh COW-tippin'?? Im here to tell you, this redneck polynesian did TWENTY years in Oklahoma, I can TIP with the best of 'em. Or so Ive been told, not sure if I really believe what they told me the next morning, but I sure don't remember much beyond cows are MUCH larger when you're on their side of the fence! Egads!!! Im gonna have to pull out a map and chart our distances, Im pretty bad about gettng around, BUT getting better. Your PEACEFUL way of living sounds wonderful. lol, besides, lifes NEVER boring when you're alive and living it - regardless of the place! TOTALLY changing the subject here. I learned a valuable lesson the day my brother died, he was only 37, never overweight a day in his life, healthier then I ever dreamed of being and for reasons I still question, heaven came calling. At the funeral, I made a promise to myself and my brother that I would start living EACH AND EVERY DAY, to it's fullest, regardless of where that day found me. I flew home from the funeral, called a meeting with my 2 partners, turned in a 90 day resignation/buyout option and have enjoyed every day of my life since! Even the days where I wanna collapse on the ground, kicking and screaming cause everything is going wrong. Okay - on that totally SERIOUS note (yikes, too much coffee?) ...I need to run, meeting Jill for lunch and some walking - maybe we can talk you into coming to the beach some time in the summer months? Hugs - Lei (Im sure it's OBVIOUS, but I didn't have time to proof this beast)
cheryl_jagow
on 4/14/06 1:58 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
hey leilani can you tell me about the coffee drink. i would love to save money! i drink achieve everyday. i would like a decaff one! and if i could make it myself that would be better!!! thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 5:21 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Cheryl - You betcha!! I kinda cheated, found an old post where I'd typed it out once before, so I'll just add it below here. One tip? If you don't want to spend money on divinici syrups (for flavoring) the EXTRACT flavors work JUST as well. One or two drops of the extract, to taste, more depending on how much liquid you use in the shake itself. Farm Fresh seems to have a HUGE selection of extract flavorings, 2 of my favs - caramel and german chocolate. Okay - enough rambling - here's the info from the other post on my coffee-latte-wannabes! This is what I do, and have done for over 3 years now. I make a pot of coffee in advance, put it in a pitcher and toss it in the fridge over night. (I like ICED Lattes) ...the next morning, I get my coffee fix and my protein fix all at once. I use leaded, not decaf. This is not an exact; I'm more of an 'eyeball it' kinda gal. I pour the following into an empty water bottle (through a funnel) and then just shake shake shake, with my hands, no blender no mess no cleanup. 16 oz iced coffee 4 oz of 2% carb countdown milk (6 gr protein) 1 scoop of protein, vanilla, butter cream, mocha, etc. (25 gr protein) 1 pack splenda 1 glop of sugar free davinci syrup (my favorite is caramel or almond) It takes less then a minute to put together. It can also be done with HOT coffee - as long as you don't boil the protein, also mix it like a paste/gravy first, then add the bulk of the hot coffee, to avoid clumps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views