Looking for Friends!!!!!!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 4:01 am
Hi Kirsten, Thanks for responding and adding me to your myspace, I added you too I've been wanting WLS for so long but always had issues with insurance and they fact I never have any lol. I should have some though within the next month so hopefully everything will work out, who knows I know insurances don't seem to want to cover this surgery anymore but we'll see. Take care, Kerry
Sharon Q.
on 4/13/06 11:59 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
OHHHHHHHHHHH Kerry!!! You have found yer new friends here!!! We are a bunch of wild yet wonderful people, and we love new friends always!!! I have a myspace acct too, but most who know me can testify to the fact that I never ever go there to update or even check what people send me. LOL I am up in Fredericksburg......have 3 kids Robbie 11, Hannah 8 and Megan 6.........oh and a hubby too. (Can't forget about him, although I try!! HA) Welcome officially to the VA board!! Now you need to come to an outing we will have soon. I know for sure there's a big one coming up in June, you gotta come!!! Keep watching the boards, there will be lots more posts about it. Welcome again, and keep posting!! In fact, go answer the TGIF Senseless Questions for a start. LOL XOOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXO Sharon
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 4:08 am
Hi Sharon, Thank you for responding. I have a son Tyler who is 11 and my daughter is named Hannah too, she's 3. I will keep watching for the meeting ya'll have, they sound like fun. I've seen ppl post about one's before but I just feel shy going or showing up, I feel uncomfortable so I just dont, I tend to shy and never know what to say. Thanks for the warm welcome, ev1 does seem very nice up here. Take care, Kerry
cheristreptow
on 4/14/06 12:39 am - Locust Grove, VA
Hey Kerry! I just sent you a message on MySpace. I have been a lurker here for a while too, I am in the very early stages of hopefully getting the surgery. Glad to know there are others out there who are just begining. Cheris
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 4:16 am
Hi Cheris, Thanks for responding and for myspace. I hope all works out with you getting the surgery. I still need insurance before I can proceed and who knows with that since insurances tend not to cover the surgery anymore or you need a rider and I know there are companies that will get it but I dont see my hubbies carrying one. Maybe I wont need it or maybe they will surprise me, we'll see lol. The only thing I am not sure about WLS is the type I would like to have. I have read alot about the DS and that seems to be a good one to have but I am so bad at taking medicine right and with that one alot depends on you taking so many vitamins and supplements afterwards. Also the only doctor around doing it close to me is in Northern Virginia but I have read amazing things about him. I tend to hear alot of horror stories about the RNY and alot of ppl end up getting revised to the DS or other so I don't know. The only thing I'm sure of is I want WLS I guess everything else will eventually fall in place lol. Take care, Kerry
Ernurse323
on 4/14/06 1:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hiya Kerry !!!!!! I am in Va Beach and Dr Clark just did my surgery march 7th. Read my profile if you want.it tells about my journey with the surgery so far. I need to update it. I wanted open RNY..my scar is only 3 inches plus I have two small ones on both sides where the drains were. I wanted him to take a look around at my insides and remove my gallbladder. he does 2 procedures in one...The GB and the VBG..plus removes gallbladder. He is great. Talk soon !! Dana
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 4:26 am
Hi Dana, Thank you for responding. Depending on the surgery I finally choose and what insurance or will not pay lol I will use Dr. Clark, I've read so many great things about him. I still need to attend a seminar although I've been waiting till I have insurance so I can move forward. Congrats on your recent surgery, I hope all went well without any complications. From what I see your whole process went fast from what I've seen of others. YOu went to the seminar in January and by march you had your surgery, I hope mine goes as fast and smoothly as that I would still like 2 be in my 20's and I'll be 27 this year so who knows. I've lived my 20's overweight and I would like to be skinny before I leave them, here's hoping lol I don't have to worry about the gallbladder, I lost mine after I had my son when I was a teenager. It's nice to receive a warm welcome up here, ev1 seems so nice. Take care, Kerry
Ross C
on 4/14/06 4:16 am - McLean, VA
Kerry! You've got most of the gal's from the board on here now... They're all awesome people! Each and every one! and don't think that just because a lot of us are spread over VA that we aren't all close friends! I've met so many beautiful and inspriring people on this board! Lei is an absolute God-send! So is Kitty Kat.. who hasn't responded yet but I'm sure she will... Everyone here has been through a lot and can help with anything and everything... you'll get to learn who knows what... I must say I'm sad to hear thru Lei's response about your hubby that you have a hubby! *grin* Course that doesn't matter to much to me! I'll still flirt with ya! *hugs* You should come to the June conference! it's in Richmond which is only what 1.5 hrs from you? You'd get to meet a lot of us! we don't bite (hard) hehe... I'm a 2 yr + post op had Vertical gastroplasty with sleeve gastrectomy VGB.. laprascopically up in Fairfax with Dr. Elariny as of today I've lost 189 lbs... it's been an amazing journey and if you've questions I can help to! I don't post too often as I don't have the net at home but You can always email me at [email protected] *hugs* -Ross
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 4:35 am
Hi Ross, Thank you for responding. I have considered having surgery with Dr. Elariny, I've read amazing things about him. He performs the DS which I have looked into and if I have that procedure I would definitely use him. I think he is the only one close to me that performs it although that's not why I would choose him, his experience and skill seems top notch and he sounds like a wonderful doctor. The only concern I have is how I would get great after care being so far away and if I had problems. The other doctor I am considering is Dr. Clark, he seems wonderful too and closer to me but does not perform DS surgery. I guess it depends on which surgery I finally choose and what insurance will pay for if they pay for anything. I need to lose alot of weight I say about 200 lbs. so I want the best surgery that will give me the best results and to help me achieve a much healthier and happier me. I would like to attend one of the meetings ev1 has up here, it sounds like fun. Everyone seems so nice I just tend to get shy and I would hate to be the one sitting in the corner not saying anything lol. Take care, Kerry
Ross C
on 4/14/06 4:55 am - McLean, VA
Kerry, Elariny wanted me to have the DS. He does that in a 2 step surgery. First is the VGB with sleeve gastrectomy that I had done and the 2nd (typically 1 year later) is the DS portion of it. I weighed the pros and cons about DS and decided it wasn't for me. I had the first half of it done and after meeting and talking with some people that had VGB as well I decided to work on losing everything without having the second surgery. I'm not good at taking vitamins and followup care but I have managed to lose almost 200 in a little over 2 years... that is REALLY good. As for Follow up care. Elariny is well... not good at that. least not with me. He is VERY busy and overbooked frankly. He requested a colonoscopy for me for my pre-op testing even though I was 25 at the time. He had me prepped on the table under anesthesia and said.. ummm how old are you? You don't need this and cancelled it right there. I had 3 days of bowel prep for that damn thing. Not so much as an apology. He didn't know his patient. Please read over my writeup on him on my profile. Some people have had a great experience with him, but a lot of people I've talked to say he's good at the job but not the bedside manner. I've had 2 visits at his place since my surgery. I get more out of my visits with his nutritionist then I do talking to his PA. You will almost ALWAYS see a PA when going in. He rarely talks to patients beyond the initial consult. NoVA has some great support groups... as I'm sure Va Beach does. You can always have him do the VGB laprascopically and then do all your follow up with Dr. Clarks office... it's ok! as soon as I get insurance again I'll be seeing Dr. Martin (I think thats her name) here in Richmond for my follow up. Kitty Kat has told me great things about her and I think she could help in my final 76 lbs to lose. Please email me sometime and we can chat about this further. I'll give you my phone # in an email. *hugs* -Ross
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views