Looking for Friends!!!!!!

A10sFrau
on 4/13/06 10:13 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Lei said it best. Ditton from me! (Sorry to be a copycat, Lei). Lois
Sporty Jill
on 4/13/06 10:25 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hi Kerry.... We have something in common.....Dr. Clark. He's WONDERFUL! I simply adore him! Glad you came out of lurkdom. Like many others here, I too have been blessed by meeting people I would call "friend". These gals are a GREAT bunch of girls (and the guys aren't bad either ) Nice to meet ya, and keep on posting! Jill 263/185(FINALLY!)/145
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 3:32 am
Hi Jill, Thank you for responding. I have seen everyone be so friendly up here and ya'll seem to have some fun too lol. I tend to be shy even online so it tends to be hard to write I never know what to say. I will try to be up here more, thanks for warm welcome. I still need to attend one of Dr. Clark's seminars but reading everything up here and seeing what ppl have went through Dr. clark seems like the right doctor for me, I just hope I can get insurance to agree. I've thought about DS surgery but he doesn't do that and I would need to go to Northern Virginia for a doctor who does. Hopefully soon I will begin my journey. Take care, Kerry
cheryl_jagow
on 4/13/06 10:35 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
hey kerry i know how you feel. i am 25 i have a son who is 4. i just got surgery feb 22nd. i will be more than happy to help you.
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 3:38 am
Hi Cheryl, Thanks for responding. Congrats on your recent surgery. Hope all is going well and that you haven't had any complications. I hope to one day soon be on my journey too. My husband will be getting insurance through his work, he had to wait 6 months and there is a choice of Anthem Healthkeepers and Keycare 25. I dont even know if he either will cover anymore but I think I have a better shot with the keycare since alot of ppl up here said they didnt have problems with it. Insurances have changed their policies so much I guess it will be hit or miss lol. My daughter will be 4 in September. Take care Kerry
~ Julie ~
on 4/14/06 10:11 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Hi Kerry, you sound a whole lot like me. I am the person in the corner not saying anything to anyone either. I'm hoping for all of that to change in the very near future, though. A word about HealthKeepers and Keycare -- you definitely want to find out if his company carries the rider for WLS. My company offers the same insurance options (at least I THINK Keycare is the PPO) and they don't carry the rider, so they don't cover the surgery. I was extremely lucky -- my father is paying for it. In fact, if you ask me, HealthKeepers is crap all the way round, they would not even pay for the consult, which AMAZED the lady in the surgeon's office. She said she'd never seen that before, even with insurance that didn't cover the surgery. Plus, I also got my sleep study(ies!) done through the insurance (my PCP was kind enough to order them for me), and now they want to charge me over $500, because the insurance paid about $65 and there was some $2000 discount or something. I really don't understand it all that well , but I will know better when I call Monday about it. Anyhow, I have nothing good to say about HealthKeepers. What sucks is that I love my job, and don't want to leave because of their crappy health insurance. Anyhow, enough about me. I just wanted to let you know that if you're in the market for friends, I'll apply. -Julie
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 11:41 am
Hey Julie, Thanks for responding. I accept your application for friendship lol I myself do not understand insurances at all. Yes the Keycare is the PPO and from what I have read up here ppl that had keycare had their surgeries approved super fast and with ease. Of course with all the changes going on and this rider crap I don't expect my journey to be bump free Healthkeepers is about $100 cheaper on the premium and they dont have a deductible like Keycare but I guess you get what you pay for. My doctor office doesn't even except Healthkeepers, that can't be a good sign. I'm going to get the PPO and hope for the best. We're tight on money as is and its like $365 a month for me and my husaband adding the whole family it's $600 a month so that's pretty steep, plus we have to pay the $1000 deductible before services are covered. I have to say that health care in the United Stated sucks, it should be covered completely by the government, they take out enough taxes but I could go on forever about that so let me shut up now So where is Falls church from Va. Beach????? I'm not exactly map savy Have you been to any of the meet n greets they have had up here????? Everyone sounds so nice but I have never worked up the nerve to go cause I never felt like I would relate because I haven't had surgery yet and I tend to be shy Anyways I also added you as a friend on myspace so now you have to keep in touch Take care, Kerry
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/13/06 10:59 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Kerry, Well, I added you to MySpace! I am a little older in body but really young in spirit....However, I don't live near you. I do come that way sometimes...was there this weekend and had a blast. No more lurking for you....you have to jump in and play. We have so much fun together and I have met some of the most awesome freinds on this board. We all have so mu*****ommon and we all love and care about each other. Welcome! Hugs, Betsy
SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/14/06 3:55 am
Hi Betsy, Thank you for responding and the add on myspace, I added you too I've never been good at writing and responding to ppl online, I tend to be shy even behind the keyboard. I can't wait to start my journey like many of you have. I'm glad to see and hear how friendly and nice ya'll are. Take care, Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 11:51 pm - Remington, VA
HI Kerry! Welcome to the board. We have some stuff in common....besides WLS!!! I too stay at home for the most part.....with not many people to talk to! I added you to my MYspace. I read your profile....love Care Bears too! I hope everything works out and you're able to accomplish your dreams! Keep us posted! Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views