Surgery was Monday...

amyb66
on 4/13/06 6:13 am - Bolling AFB, DC
I had a fairly uneventful surgery with no problems. I went in Monday morning and came home yesterday just before noon. I am in a bit of pain almost constantly at the top of my stomach, swollen areas I guess! Mostly when I try to get up, walk or move! When can I expect to start "feeling" somewhat normal again? I am feeling light headed and weak. I was told to drink 3-4 ounces of fluid each hour and not to worry about protein quite yet! Can you give me your hints to a speedy recovery...please! Thanks in advance, Amy
akasha2u
on 4/13/06 12:41 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
water and movement they say helps..i just was busy trying to get the painful gas out of my system... welcome home and please have a speedy recovery so you can reap the benefits of all your work
A10sFrau
on 4/13/06 12:45 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Walk, walk, walk! And, I drank 50g protein/day from the day of discharge. Don't forget your vitamins! Lois
Susan E.
on 4/13/06 1:07 pm - Purcellville, VA
Well first, Congrats on your surgery. You will do great. Get your rest and drink your water. You will feel better each day. Were all here if you need us. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 8:07 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Amy - I can't give you any other advice that hasnt already been said - WALKING is the best way to rid yourself of the air pockets that are trapped within your body. Did you have your surgery LAP? If so, they pump EXTRA air into your body (picture a balloon) so that the surgeon has room to see/work. It can take a few days for all that trapped air to be released, um, and the only way to do that is to walk ...and ... well... air freshner might come in handy? Congrats on taking back your life and your health - it'll get better with each day. You just have to KNOW and BELIEVE that and it'll make the here and NOW more bearable! - Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/13/06 10:36 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Amy, Welcome home and welcome aboard the journey of your life. Walking is such a big help, beleive me. I had mine open and the more I moved the better I felt. It will take a while to get back to normal but it will happen along with weight loss. You will also be weak for awhile cause you are literally starving your body. I am 4 months out now and feeling better than I have ever felt. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views