Update on Hernia .. HMMMM.....

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 6:05 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well , I visited with Dr.Hutcher . This man .. you guys ROCKS .. First off he looked at me and said .. Nat .. everytime I look at you I just get the goose pimples ... he asked me all kinds of questions about my life now .. then the last question he asked me .. with loving eyes was .. " Natalie .. Do you regret it at all .. and is the lifestyle hard .. ? " My answer to him was No.. I would do it again in a NY minute to feel as good as I do .. and is it hard .. Only when " I " Make it hard .. meaning .. if I deviate from the WLS lifestyle then I make it hard on me .. but for the most part .. I do really well with this lifestyle .. Now on to the hernia .. or should I say Hernia's .. plural .. Basically all the repair work he did at my RNY surgery has failed . He had restored all of my mesh .. took some out .. unwrapped some from my abdomen and intestines .. well this time I am sorry to say .. not much hope for the repair . He wants to go in and do the Tummy Tuck.. take out a large amount of midsection skin .. and work on the top layer of muscles - and only remove the scar tissue that is not adhered to anything . Possibly re-construct the ab to hold it all in .. He told me if he attempts to unroll the mesh from my intestines.. I could die .. so we are going to let it go for now . The surgery is looking to last about 7 hours .. and lots of re-coup time . I am trying hard to schedule this after the conference .. OMG I would not want to miss the conference .. I got to see you guys and I must show off my new bathing suit ..LOL .. I checked with my HR department and I am set for 8 weeks of full pay .. How great is that .. I am so happy you all .. scared .. but happy .. Dana .. I am heading your advice .. Love you for caring to tell me the story ... Thanks to all for your kind words to me . Love .. Tinkerbell ...
Kitty Kat
on 4/13/06 6:31 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Tink! Well, I am most impressed that it will be Hutcher doing this versus a plastic surgeon because he's taken ALL of your previous into consideration. It's most definitely the best thing. Congratulations on this and hope the smoking is going well. Kat
LB
on 4/13/06 6:45 am - Northern, VA
Wow, Nat! That sounds really extensive! I'm so sorry you have to go through all this, but I hope you feel better after its over. Have you had a lot of pain with the hernias? I wish you nothing but the best!!!!
cheryl_jagow
on 4/13/06 6:51 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
Congradulations! I happy you know what is going on and what to expect. If you need some help before and after surgery let me know I will be happy to come up there and help you. Good luck and you are in my prayers!
Christina R.
on 4/13/06 7:56 am - Reston, VA
Natalie- I'm glad that he has a plan that you're comfortable with. I hope that it all goes well. What a blessing the 8 weeks off from work will be to allow you to fully recover. Blessings to you, Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 8:12 am - Remington, VA
Natalie, I do hso hope you can have this after the conference, for my own selfish reasons! I hope to meet you someday! Now to be unselfish....things always work out the way they should. I think you are a true testament to that! It seems you're very lucky to be having Dr. Hutcher as your surgeon for this. I hope for the best for you! Kirsten
Christine Hood
on 4/13/06 11:34 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Nat, Prayers are with you and I have to say that I am not surprised that he gets goose pimples from looking at you...you truly look amazing! You really look like one of those eternally skinny girls that I hate so much! I'll bet that young guy that spent all last Friday nite up your butt never even thought for a moment that you werent born that thin! Let me know if I can do anything for ya! Christine
Sharon Q.
on 4/13/06 11:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I love you!!!!! You are already soooo beautiful..........I hope you know that, you don't need to change a thing!! I hope this hernia repair thing is all you hope it will be and more, but no matter what man, I am still here and I know we all still love ya!!! XOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOOOXOOX Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 8:10 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
HOLY CRAP, girlfriend........ SEVEN HOURS?!?!?!?! Aaargh, that's a lotta time to be in surgery. Will your doc have an assistant helping him? Is 7 hours the WORSE case scenario? I'm hoping that he added some fluff into that schedule, pretty much maxing it out - and maybe in a "perfect case" scenario, he can shave a couple of hours off that time? Im SO HAPPY that you'll be able to get the hernias and the tummy tuck taken care of in one surgery, but I hate that it comes with possible risks and complications in excess to the normal risks. USE EVERY LAST SECOND of those 8 weeks off - even if you start to feel better, ENJOY it, relax, heal, yada yada yada - you know the drill, complete with power drinking the protien! Love - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views