Pittsburg Anyone?

Kathy & Rich
on 4/12/06 9:30 am - Fairfax, VA
Anyone going to Pittsburg in May for the OH event? Rich and I registered to go but it will truly depend on my health and possible upcoming unscheduled as of yet surgery (yes, again). Just wanted to know if any of the VA contingency were planning on going. Yes, we will be going to Richmond in June, as well. Kathy
*~Tigger~ *
on 4/12/06 12:09 pm - Staunton, VA
Wish I could, but not this time. Best of luck with your health issues!! Also, hope your sister's chemo is going as well as possible. JoAnn
Kathy & Rich
on 4/12/06 7:10 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hey, JoAnn... Wish you could come to Pitts. My sister had her first chemo yesterday. As of last night, she was feeling fine just was a bit tired thought as I was talking to her she sounded a bit "drunk" and was slurring her words a bit. So I think the effects of the chemo or drugs to counter the side effects were kicking in. Her attitude was "1 down, 7 to go". When is your surgery? Soon, right? Thanks for the wishes on my luck. Need 'em. One day I'll have this stuff behind me. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/06 10:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kathy - NO Pittsburgh for me - I'd given the conference some THOUGHT, figured it was a close enough drive. I'd really like to meet a few of the PA-locals but that's the same weekend that Paul's sub comes back up for air. He'll probably expect me to be waiting at the dock with a smile and little else!! I was checking out the "local boards" (PA and DC) just to see how much interest was being drummed up for it and there seems to be LITTLE to NONE. Have you heard any info on the possible "turnout" based on registrations? Hopefully there is MORE interest out there then is being typed about in the forums. It's an awfully EXPENSIVE investment to end up with only a handful of peeps. The next big event I attend will probably be the Richmond party. I found out that I'll definitely be going ALONE - Paul's under water for that one too. I'm hoping I can talk Wendy G into rooming with me, if not, it'll be HER FAULT I can't go! (lol, nah - no guilt there!) KATHY? I hope things work out on the positive side with ALL of your health issues (and your sisters) ....nothing but positive thoughts and prayers coming yours and your family's way! Hugs - Lei
Kathy & Rich
on 4/13/06 12:08 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Lei... My health issues are on hold and I'm hating it!!!!!!!!!! My surgeon wants me to get a colonoscopy before anything else and the gastroenterologist's office isn't responding to me. He is out of town and I need to know if he wants to see me prior to scheduling the test. I just saw him a week and a half ago about an ulcer but didn't know my surgeon was going to request the colonoscopy. So I'm at their mercy in complete limbo and hating it. Once the colonoscopy is over and shows nothing.... my surgeon will be scheduling exploratory laproscopic surgery to see what is going on. The suspects are an internal hernia (possible a transmesenteric hernia) or abdominal adhesions. All I know is that I want it fixed. I'm tired of hurting. Plus the hurt is weird. Hurts less in the a.m. My posture (how I sit) makes a difference. Strange. Though I guess makes some logical sense if it is a hernia and something is getting squished or pinched in there. Plus...I'm up on the scale and none too pleased. I do not think my eating is the problem though. Got an endo appointment the first week of May perhaps my thyroid (which I lost half of at the end of February) isn't doing it all anymore. My sister had her first chemo yesterday. Her words "1 down, 7 to go!" She'll do fine. We are going up there late June/July to spend some time and I'll take her to a chemo appointment while there. She wants me to straighten myself out first. I wish! Thanks for thinking of us! Hugs, Kathy
wlsurvivor
on 4/12/06 11:17 pm - Marshall, VA
Hey Kathy, I and others that I know of, seriously considered attending since we got so much out of the New Jersey conference last year. BUT, in OH's incredibly lack of wisdom , scheduled it for over Mother's Day weekend! Even though it ends Saturday evening, it would mean driving home either dog-tired Sat. night or taking up half of the day Sunday-cutting right into any Mother's Day dinners, etc. Plus, we would need to drive up Thursday to be there first thing Friday morning which would entail taking 2 days off work instead of one. I can't imagine what they were thinking. I know that I speak for many others by saying that we are sorely disappointed in OH for choosing such a bad weekend since I know attendance would have soared any other non-holiday weekend. I hope you guys have a great time; bring us back some good information and share it with us at the Sat. support group meeting! Thanks and hopefully I will see you at this Saturday's meeting in Fairfax. Hugs, Karen
Kathy & Rich
on 4/13/06 12:01 am - Fairfax, VA
Karen, Will be seeing you on Saturday! Rich and I are using Pittsburg as an excuse to get away. The seminars look awesome so hopefully we'll split up and gleen lots of information from them and we'll definitely share. Yes, we have to take two work days off to go and that isn't ideal for sure. Yea, Mother's Day is not a good time but we'll come back Saturday evening and do something for his Mom on Sunday. See ya soon! Hugs, Kathy
cappymoon
on 4/13/06 4:23 am - Northern, VA
Hi Kathy Yup, not me either. Not only is it mothers day weekend, but the Girl Scout leader in her infiniate wisdom (IF you can call it that) scheduled a CAMPING TRIP for that weekend....ugggh....I need to find a way out of that one (But I am a co-leader, so....) But have fun, and let us know how it goes!! Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views