New Here/ Anthem Health Keepers Plus through Medicaid.

cheristreptow
on 4/11/06 8:26 am - Locust Grove, VA
Hello everyone, I have enjoyed reading your posts and you all sound like you have had good experiences. I am in the very very early stages of hopefully getting the surgery. I have my first PCP appointment to hopefully get a referral on May 5th. Has anyone dealt with Anthem Health keepers Plus through Medicaid before. I am really nervous that i woun't get approved. Also what surgeons did you use there don't seem to be any in Fredericksburg who take my insurance. Thanx, Cheris
AprilCraig
on 4/11/06 9:30 am - Christiansburg, VA
Hi Cheris - I hope all goes well with your PCP appointment. I'm not sure about your insurance but with mine, I was denied the first time. It was my fault because I didn't know everything they required before having WLS. I would check with your insurance to see if they cover it and then ask them what criteria need to be met first. I had to have a 6 month supervised diet and exercise program by my PCP, nutrition evaluation, and then a psyc eval as well. After a long year of getting everything together I was approved!!! I will be one week post op tomorrow and am down 23 lbs. Good luck! April
cheristreptow
on 4/11/06 10:25 am - Locust Grove, VA
Hi April, Thanks for your help, I will definately be calling my provider tommorow. Congratulations on your success!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views