Weigh****chers

Sharon Q.
on 4/10/06 9:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
So I'm on my way to the meeting tomorrow morning!! I've been struggling with maintenace for like 1.5 months now. I am so great at losing, so great at gaining, but NEVER great at "staying". So now I'm up 10lbs from where I want to be. I think it will be so cool to walk in there knowing I only have to lose 10 lbs!! I've never ever been able to do that. My neighbor just about smacked me when I said that's all I had to lose. LOL I wonder if they'll even take me???? HEE HEE!! Nahh, I'm sure they will, and I'm happy to go and get back on track. It seriously sux when you are on the gaining side, even if it's only 10lbs!!! I feel like crapola!! I'll be doing the core plan, with a little South Beach thrown in for effect. LOL So off I go!! I'll let ya know next week how I did!! LOL XOOXOXOXOOXOOXOX Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 8:39 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Way to go SHARON!!! ....holy crap, how'd this post go with NO replies??? LOL, guess you have to be in the LONG TERM POST OP category to understand the true struggles that come with MAINTAINING?!? I for one am absolutely THRILLED that you're taking this step. WAY TO GO!!!!! Nip this bounce back, weight gain, whatever the hell we wanna call it, NOW, at 10 lbs before it brings a few of it's friends together. People "think" that losing the weight is the hard part with this surgery. Absolutely NOT. You can do a thousand things wrong, the first 6 to 12 months and you WILL lose weight. Thats how MAL-absorbing works. EVENTUALLY, the malabsorbing stops working - the body adjust, you start soaking up every calorie you put in your body - yes, even the GOOD healthy calories, then what??? That's when we all better hope that our "newly learned habits" kick in. It's obvious by your desire to get to Weigh****chers that your new way of thinking, IS kicking in. You've got the right mindset - STOP it at 10 lbs, not at 30, 50, 75 or more. WAY TO GO - you can do it!!!! ...let us know how it goes. lol, and feel free to share any really good tips with us. I've been at goal for a year and a half now and Im wrestling with a 8 to 15 lb gain, at any given week. Hugs - Lei (gloss over the typos, Im in a bad mood and I ain't proofing) ...lol, yes, that came complete with a foot stomp. Hey? One more thing, not sure if you've ever been to the "GRADS BOARD" on this site? It's for peeps that are at least ONE year out of surgery. Lots of good, well seasoned advice over there. I just sent 2 posts (typicla Lei style, it's a long one) to the board last week about "bounce back/weight gain and my docs take on it" ...if you want to check it out. Im proud of your decision to take a very strong proactive stance in this - you can DO IT!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/postdetail/17788.html?vc=0 This is another post I sent, prompting the question about "bounce back" http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/postdetail/17748.html?vc=0 .
Sharon Q.
on 4/10/06 9:46 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks so much man!! Somehow I knew I could count on you for support. I'm not suprised by the lack of response...........we don't wanna think we are gonna "fail" this surgery and ever NEED to use some of the more modern methods again. This is a very scary thought for the newbies, or anybody who is still very in control and losing well. I'm not thinking of it as failing at all, just the next step for me. I started all this with Weigh****chers, losing my 10% to get the surgery, and they all knew I'd be back when losing was done and I had to maintain. I'm sure they have my file "on hold" as I explained how I figured it would go, and they agreed. For me it's not bounce back weight, as I do still have the MALabsorbing thing happening just fine. I do dump too, and still gain. All in the name of PMS and stress. Funny how easy it is to explain it all away. Unfortunately, the scale does not lie!! I learned some great crap this past month..................I can eat like 10 jellybeans b4 I feel any dumping response. Or 4 mini choc. donuts. Stuff I figured I'd never know cuz I just wouldn't try it. RIGHT!!!! Bread and pasta work JUST FINE for me!! Nothing gets stuck, or expands and makes me uncomfy. Oh, I could go on and on. I'm not trying to be the scary, noncompliant one, just the real, this could be you........one. It's funny how I read a response from Kathy that her calcium citrate wafers cause her to dump, me too man, but still can get those 10 jellybeans in just fine!! GO FIGURE!!! LOL Ok, my rant is over!! Thanks again Lei for understanding, and for all you who will not respond, just read it and learn, that's enough. XXOOXOOXOOXOXOXO Sharon
Sharon Q.
on 4/10/06 10:29 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Wow, I just read the "bounce back" thing through on the grad board, now I don't feel so alone. I really need to check out this board more now. That was a great post Lei, got us all thinking. Of course, you are good for that always. Maintenance is like barely hanging on........on a branch that isn't very stable, and could break any second. SOOOO SCARY!!! I think it's where we need to most support, and thank god we all have you.................THANKS AGAIN FRIEND~~!!!!!! XOXOOXOXOOXOXO Love ya man!! Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/06 1:41 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
MY pleasure, Sharon ~ I'm glad you found it helpful!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 9:40 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yes, I am right there with Leilani . I wanted to tell you that I follow the South Beach guide . I love it !! It is so easy for me to live like this . The food choices are great . What ever you need to do to maintain .. and work towards your goals .. that is awesome .. !!!! If you need me I am here ! I applaud your efforts ! Natalie
Sharon Q.
on 4/10/06 10:35 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
OH, and then there's Natalie!!! Another oh so supportive one!! Thanks man!!! I knew you were a South Beacher too, I've always sworn by that, and still do!! It works when ya work it!!! Can't wait to get back to that mind set!!! Thank god you guys are here for me, and trust me I'll be needing you more and more!!! Love you man!!!! XOOXOXOOXOXOOXO Sharon
Kitty Kat
on 4/10/06 10:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey beautiful! Yep, I'm with ya! So working on getting the poundage OFF! I will do it too. I too read Lei's profile and was like WOW I didn't realize it was that way for her or others really. Sometimes I've felt SO alone with fighting to get my weight under control again. I keep getting "you've had a baby" but hey that's crazy now she's a 1 year TODAY so uh that doesn't work anymore. Girl we WILL do this! I sure hoped I'd never have to "diet" again but I'd rather be happy and healthy than heavy and unhealthly and unhappy. Yep, keep us posted. Kat
Sharon Q.
on 4/11/06 6:36 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey back at ya GORGEOUS!!! Sorry it's taken me all day to type this response, I've been thinking about what I would say to you. I wanted to tell you what an inspiration you've been to me, since way b4 I met you even. When I first started checking into this surgery your profile is one that I read..........took me hours in front of the computer darnit!!! LOL This was all b4 your pregnancy, and Nora came along. You did so...............awesome losing, and were so positive all the way through. Even now, trying so hard to lose the darn preggers weight, no matter how long it's taking, you are always positive that you will get there eventually, and you never give up!! In a way, you've been maintaining, which is something I've never been able to achieve!! If I thought this 10lbs I got back was bounce back weight, and now I could just happily maintain it, I'd be so ok with it.......BUT it's me goofing off like I always do when I get to my good weight........why do I do it?????? I dunno!!!!! But the cycle stops here and now!!! I'm gonna lose that 10lbs now, and learn through WW how to maintain it..........even if it kills me!!!!! I KNOW you will lose that weight too, and we can all get together and laugh about it soon!!!!!!!! XOXOOXOOOX Love ya man!!! Sharon P.S. A very special happy birthday to Nora from me!!!
Kitty Kat
on 4/11/06 7:19 am - Richmond, VA
OMG just when I thought my eyes couldn't produce any more tears you go and say all this yummy stuff! Dang YOU! Oh I'm DONE with the goofing off too even though it's a riot. Yep we WILL laugh about this and I hope my tears will be one of happpiness and success. No, I KNOW they will be thinking negatively won't work. I gotta get into a couple dresses for SPRING and manage to get into a bathing suit ! PRAY FOR ME! Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views