6 weeks Post-Op visit

beth-d
on 4/7/06 5:40 am - Richmond, VA
Hello everyone, I went for my 6 weeks visit today and I have lost a total of 44 lbs according to the doc's scale and 47 lbs in the buff in the morning on mine - I will take either one!! The bad news is that my stricture is back and I have been having a hard time this past week and now even water is sticking - so I have to go in for another EGD on Monday - Yuk!! hopefully this one will do the trick - I really don't like foaming or getting sick and that has been the case this last week - one to many times! So now I just have to make it through the weekend! I need to work on my protein with suppliments exspecially since I am getting sick so often - Also this week I have had a problem with everything tasting yucky and I am not interested if food one bit - nothing appeals to me - the nurse says this is common - can anyone tell me how long it last? Thanks, Beth
Kathy & Rich
on 4/7/06 7:59 am - Fairfax, VA
Beth, You are doing wonderful with your weight loss! Wow...44 lbs! Sorry to hear about your returning stricture. I hope this next dilation does the trick for you and that eating issues become a thing of the past. I don't have an answer on your food thing. I don't know that I had problems with things tasty yucky. I remember that I wasn't particularly hungry but I ate based on the clock so that I was getting fuel regularly. Best wishes, Kathy
Ernurse323
on 4/7/06 3:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Beth... Where you treated for the stricture the first time? I noticed you said it was back. I swear I have one. I take a few bites and it shoots out of my mouth...so painful..My doc said I am too early out for one. My surgery date was March 7th. I just had 3 little shrimp and feel like my insides are coming apart. I have thrown up 6 times in the last 20 minutes and STILL don't feel like it is over. I hope all goes well for ya Monday. I will be thinking about you !! Hugs, Dana
beth-d
on 4/11/06 12:03 am - Richmond, VA
I have heard others say that it was too early, but my first stricture was only 3 weeks out - and they went in and balloon opened it up - it helped so much then at the beginning of last week I noticed I was starting to have a hard time again - by Tuesday of last week I was foaming and throwing up so they set me up yesterday for another balloon treatment with a EGD - It is amazing how much better it feels - I can swallow and get in the water again - and I don't have the pain in my chest or foaming! It makes all the difference in the world - so I don't understand why they won't get you in there and take care of it - Elizabeth Martin got me in right away - and they wouldn't dare let me continue to throwup like that it is dangerous - because you are not getting in your nutrients or protein and that is not good - keep on them - get them to get you in! I can not begin to tell you the difference it makes - in how you feel and how you think about eating! I wish you all the luck! I am doing great now and the doctor said that this time ought to do it - that it usually takes 2 times with a stricture as tight as mine was. Please keep on them! Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views