Getting Nervous

MMasr190
on 4/6/06 5:00 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Had my pre-op visit on 4/5 and everything is looking good for Monday 4/10. I am so very nervous I am making myself sick. Don't get me wrong I am so excited that it is finally here and I am not nervous about the changes in my life that are going to be taken place but at the fact that the last surgery I had (Dec 05) I woke up in ICU still on the ventilator because I had trouble with my breathing, blood pressure and my oxygen level. I have had plenty of surgeries in the past never had trouble till Dec and I guess that is just weighing heavy on my mind. Well just wanted to vent. Thanks. Michele
Tam
on 4/6/06 8:40 pm - Richmond, VA
Michele, What you are feeling is completely normal. I think we all went through it before our surgeries and I can understand why you are extra nervous. Be at peace with your decision and trust in Him. I will be saying extra prayers for you and your faimly. I will check back on the board when I get back from vacation next Friday. Hopefully you will have updated by then as to how you are doing! {{hugs}} Tammy C 11 months post op -181 lbs
Lorraina M.
on 4/7/06 4:35 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Michele, Tammy is absolutely right, it is normal to be nervous. I am 3 weeks out and Tammy knows that I was an absolute wreck for the few days before surgery. I totally understand how a past "bad" surgical experience can scar you for future surgeries. I also had a terrible surgical experience several years ago, several days after a thyroid cancer surgery I got a terrible infection, toxic shock syndrome, and spent a week in intensive care. The first three days it was unknown if I was going to pull through, but as you can see God had more work for me to do. As for the RNY, it was a breeze for me. I had open and had so many preconceived thoughts on how it was going to be, and it turned out to be not at all what I expected. My pain level was very low, the care was very good and it was overall just much easier than I expected. I have had no problems as of yet and feel very good. Keep good thoughts and know that you were lead here for a reason. It will be ok, have faith. Lorraine
MMasr190
on 4/7/06 6:35 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Tammy and Lorraine, Thank you for your words of encouragement and your prayers. Just knowing that I can come here and write about how I am feeling and know that when you say "you understand" you really do. I also had thyroid cancer (papillary carcinoma) in 1991 and have been cancer free since 1992, but I did not have the problems that it sounds like you had. I am sorry and I am glad that things are Ok now. ~Michele~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views