update cat scan/left side pain

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/06 6:06 am - Remington, VA
Hi everyone. Thanks to all of you who posted a reply to my first one on this subject. It's uncomfortable to sit here for too long so I'm taking the easy way out and thanking you all at once. Please forgive me!! I went for the scan yesterday....nothing back on that yet. I saw my surgeon today and he's pretty sure it's not incision related, because of the distance from any of my incisions. He's not as concerned as he'd be if I were vomiting or not having BMs. So now we just have to wait on the scan. Thanks for all the support and words of encouragement!!!!! I"m off to go lie down. I'm hoping it's just some sort of muscular pain.....so taking it easy is on the agenda for this loser! Kirsten
Shanana
on 4/6/06 6:42 am - Altavista, VA
Hope they figure it out for ya. Mine say possibly diverticulitis. The pain returned last week. Another round of antibiotics for me. The keep me in the . I hate that. Never know if i will make it or not. Got bronchitis on top of that. Sucky Sucky!!!. Hope you are better soon. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/06 8:45 am - Remington, VA
Shannon, My surgeon called me Thursday night and told me I dont have anything serious, no bowel obstrcutions, hernias, etc. It's soft tissue inflammation. I think I aggravated it when I did too much the other weekend. As of yesterday and today the pains very, very minimal! I only feel it when i move just the right way....whcih I try to avoid. He did say the next course would be antibitotics if it worsened or didn't get better soon. So hopefully that's not necessary at this point!! I know what you mean about the toilet thing though! I hope your's gets better soon....that and your bronchitis. Take care! Thanks! Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 4/6/06 8:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Kirsten, Hope your problem is muscular. Get some rest and hopefully this too shall pass quickly! Best wishes, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/06 8:47 am - Remington, VA
Kathy! It looks like I'm on the up and up.....hopefully! I am feeling better since yesterday and nothing serious is going on per my surgeon! Thanks for being there for me! Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 4/8/06 10:46 pm - Fairfax, VA
Anytime! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Kathy
Lelandmm
on 4/8/06 7:23 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kirsten, Let me know what they find out. My pain is steadily getting worse. To top it all off, I just found out we are switching insurance carriers at work, so now I have to start all over with another doctor because my current doctor doesn't take the new insurance! So I'm sure I'll have to have another $5500 CAT Scan done again! dANG IT!
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/06 8:41 am - Remington, VA
Leland, My surgeon called me Thursday evening to let me know no bowel obstructions, hernias, etc. That it's soft tissue inflammation. I felt better after getting of f the phone with him knowing it's nothing serious. He said if it worsened or didn't go away he'd try anitbiotics. Both yesterday and today the pain has been miraculously almost non-existent! I've ben doing next to nothing as far as most things go. Just doihg some walking, and light acitivity. So I think that's helped. Your new doctor may be able to call and get the results from your previous ct scan. Depends on what he actually wants to do. That whole situation is messed up though! Good luck and let me know how things turn out. I hope you get better! Thanks, Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views