My Great News !!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 11:06 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well , after I posted on here about my hernia and the plastic surgery consult , I called my RNY Doc .. and I asked my Nurse Prat .. why do I need to go to Duke .. and she said to me " OMG why would you .. Doctor Hutcher can fix you Nat .. and he can do your Tummy Tuck at the same time " My mouth dropped WIDE open .. I said what .. and she said yes .. He does not do them for plastic surgery reasons , but for my case where the hernia is concerned , I will need to have that done to prevent further occurances .. Now you tell me .. God is Good ! I did not want to go to Duke .. I was scared crapless !!! So in saying all this .. I have my consult with Doc Hutcher on Thursday of next week . I am putting the Cigs down .. my drop them date is Monday .. ok Monday . I have a long weekend ahead of me .. Dinner . Dancing .. and one last time .. then Monday is it .. I am going to arm myself with gum and sugar free candy .. and trust me a few extra calories wont hurt me .. I am so excited you all . you have no idea .. And then once the TT is done and I am smoke free . I see the PS in July for my inner thigh lift.. is that not awesome !!! Somebody - please do not pop my bubble here as I am on cloud nine !! Well that is all for now I will let you know how it goes .. Love ya , Natalie
lawoman
on 4/5/06 11:31 pm - Hellertown, PA
Thats good to hear Tink!! Good Luck with everything!! And u can do it with the quitting, just put your mind to it.... Luv ya Leigh Ann
KathieKathie
on 4/5/06 11:34 pm - Manassas, VA
Hey!! That's AWESOME news!!! Soooo glad to hear it! Funny, I got this little quote this morning from a dear friend who was trying to give me some encouragement, but, it seems more appropriate for you, hon. Everything crosses our path for a reason. "I have learned, as a rule of thumb, never to ask whether you can do something. Say, instead, that you are doing it. Then fasten your seat belt. The most remarkable things follow." - Julia Cameron We're here for you! You can do it... you ARE doing it! hugs, Kathie
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/06 12:17 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Wooohooooo - that's FA-boooo-lus news!! I know how much better you feel about having YOUR surgeon work on you and that in itself will help with any fears, concerns, doubts, etc -- which will allow you to focus on your health, healing, and overall well being!! I'm so glad this is all working out for you, Natalie. Trust me, I understand the importance of finishing the final chapter(s) of our weight loss journey! For some, like myself, it absolutely HAD to incude plastic surgery. Some people can look past the hanging skin, I couldnt and I would have ALWAYS felt 'incomplete' if I hadn't followed through. While I have you in my clutches, will you please read the post I sent Betsy last night, under the "need INPUT" thread and answer ALL the questions I asked Betsy??? She wrote back to me and said she wasnt sure, since you were piloting the car. I kinda need to have an IDEA of when you'll be in town, what time you want to do lunch, where do you want to meet? (my house or the boardwalk?), what time you'll be meeting up with Dianna (I assume you are, so you can unpack your luggage and freshen up before dinner?) ....I just need some answers so I can plan the rest of my day around it all. Hugs - Lei
Julie R.
on 4/6/06 1:07 am - Belspring, VA
I had a feeling things would work out for you I wasn't sure how, but it was just good carma. You help so many people, it only seems right that you caught a break. Congrats Boy, after the TT, you will probably be getting yourself into size 0. Julie
kabarron1
on 4/6/06 5:20 am - Hopewell, VA
Congrats Natalie! I know you're just floating on that Cloud well and I wouldn't dream of doing anything to bust that bubble. Hope to see you guys tonight at the support group meeting. Keith
Ross C
on 4/6/06 6:49 am - McLean, VA
Congrats Nattttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm Monday eh? don't know if I can quit that day You know what? I'll try!!!! call me whenever you want to smoke... and I'll call u... if thats ok? *hugs* -Ross
Kathy & Rich
on 4/6/06 8:30 am - Fairfax, VA
Go for it Ross! Kathy
Shanana
on 4/6/06 6:50 am - Altavista, VA
Great news for ya Nat. Always good to have the life saver working on you. Hope you have a great time at the beach. Shannon
Kathy & Rich
on 4/6/06 8:32 am - Fairfax, VA
Congrats, Nat! Sounds like a great plan is coming together! I'm sure you'll feel safe in the good doctor's hands. You can go smoke free, babe! You can do it! Hugs, Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views