SAlads?

Kathleen L.
on 4/5/06 1:26 pm - Arlington, VA
When did everyone start eating salads? I used to eat a lot of them before I had surgery. Kathleen
A10sFrau
on 4/5/06 1:38 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I would have small pieces of lettuce and carrot after about a month. I gradually increased the amount until I can have a small salad that would go in a soup bowl now. I am just over 2 months out. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 9:54 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kathleen ~ Do you find that you CRAVE salads now?? I was shocked at how much I CRAVED them after surgery. Ive always been a "salad bar" kinda gal, but I was normally up there for all the foo-foo stuff that can be piled on the plates, besides the 'rabbit food' portion of the bar. After surgery, I couldn't even watch BUG'zBunnyDude eating a carrot without wanting to snatch it outta my TV screen. Even several years after my surgery - I find myself craving salads, I just wish that craving had replaced my chocolate craving. ANYWAY - to answer your question, I think I dove into my first real bowl of salad around 90 days out, give or take an hour. Enjoy your day ~ Lei
Kathy & Rich
on 4/5/06 10:06 pm - Fairfax, VA
Different doctors and nutritionists have different feelings on this, I'm sure. My nutritionist said we could ease into raw vegies gradually from about 10 weeks post-op on. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 10:49 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Kathleen, I guess everyone is different on this one. I love salad, before surgery. Now, I really can't eat them that well. I miss them!! But they just don't digest well for me. I have a strange little pouch!! By the way, you're doing great!! donna
Shanana
on 4/6/06 7:51 am - Altavista, VA
We were allowed to try raw veggies at 4-6 weeks out. Then they were very small but I can eat more now. I love salads. I like to buy them out though. If I buy all those veggies they go bad before I can eat them all. Shannon
twinkie ~.
on 4/7/06 1:52 am - norfolk, va
i just left my dr. office and i asked them the same thing. they said about 3/4 months, as you can tolerate it. i cant wait to give it a try. the nut. said to be aware that it may cause some gas and make you a little uncomfortable so i will try a little at a time and see how i feel. ~good luck~ *susanne*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views