Friday PARTY - need input!

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 8:10 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Okay gals and guys - Just got off the phone with JOE's Crab Shack a****erside. They NO longer take reservations at that location. Oh, joy...NOT! We now have 20 people on the list for dinner but that didn't sway them or their policy. Anyway - we have TWO choices, well, three actually. 1) Still show up at Joe's (several of us can get there by 6:45) ..who ever gets there first, puts MY name on the waiting list for 20. We need to just go with ONE name, so everyone knows who to ask for. So assuming we go with this option, let's put it under LEILANI (pronounced Lay-la-nee). With a little bit of luck, it won't be that long of a wait. 2) We blow off a "big dinner" and just go upstairs to Have A Nice Day Cafe (doors open at 7:00) and have their FREE finger food buffet. I have NO idea exactly what's on it, things along the lines of wings, nachos, veggies, etc. I spoke to Sherry at the club, this is completely FREE -- no cost to anyone. Also, getting in the door is FREE if ALL of us are there before 8:30. I've already reserved TWO large tables, on the left side of the dance floor (near the ladies room, yep, I did that on purpose) and it's under my name. We can show up anytime between 7:00 and 8:45 to claim the tables. -or- The final option: 3) Come up with a new place to eat - If you choose this, please provide some options! Soooooo - speak up please, I need to know how the MAJORITY wants to handle this. I guess, tecnically, there is also a FOURTH option? 4) Meet at Joe's as originally planned, put our names on the waiting list and if it's a ridiculous wait, then as a group, we can all make the call to either wait, or walk on up to Have a Nice Day? Anyway - what are YOUR thoughts?? 1, 2, 3 or 4? Or is there a 5th option out there that Im not thinking of? Let's start talking and typing about it and I'll send out a FINAL post with the details late tomorrow. ~ Lei (who can't believe that restaurants don't take freakn reservations!!!!!) .
cappymoon
on 4/5/06 8:26 am - Northern, VA
Good evening Lei..... Well, that does suck, now dosent it?? I would like dinner somewhere, like you said, it is easier to visit and get to know others over dinner rather than on the dance floor (Although I tend to get to know others on the dance floor, but this is the wrong board for all that ) SOOO....that being said, I would like to try dinner somewhere, and I did have my heart set on Joes.....I am sure someone can get there early, even if it is me!! We will be down a little later than Natalie and Betsy, around 3, and if we get our crap together, unpacked, and dressed for dinner and dancing, I think we can make it there by 6:30 or so. I would be willing to wait (Do they have a bar?? I could make great use of my time there Just kidding (I THINK) ) That way I think we could get a table within the half hour, and have enough time to eat and get to the club by 8:30 or so.......now will they split the check with this many people?? They are more than welcome to add their tip, and I would give a little more for them doing this for us Ok, thats my vote....lets see what everyone else has to say....and what is the final count for the evening?? Who all is gonna be there?? (Who knew my little family trip would turn into a big ol meet n greet? I LOVE IT!!) Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 8:36 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - yes, they have a bar!! I "hope" I can get there a little early, but it's all based on others that are meeting at my house first!! If I can get Eileen, Mike, Christine and Keoni here at my place by 6:00 (instead of 6:15, liked we'd ALL originally planned) then we can be there by 6:30. I suspect JOE's will want several of us there before they start putting tables together for 20 people, so if you, Cleve, Natalie, Betsy and my group can be there by 6:30 - that's half of us, and hopefully we're ALL sitting down to dinner at 7:00 as originally planned. YES, they will split the tabs and 18% will be automatically added for tables with more then 8 peeps, that would be US! Anyway - MY VOTE is stick with the original plan #1, with the intent that as many of us as POSSIBLE get there at 6:30 to start the "table process" .....reservations under "LEILANI". Psssst... for everyone going who's reading this?? ALWAYS plan on MURPHY showing up whenever Lei is involved (me and that Murphy fella' are damn right intimate at times) ...so just in case, have a variety of cash on hand, in case we do have to break things down on the bill.
cappymoon
on 4/5/06 8:40 am - Northern, VA
Oh, no.....just looked at the moon phase, and if you REALLY want this all to break down, just keep on planning!! This is the WRONG time to be planning this, and a better time would be tomorrow after 12:25pm..... Remember, I am called the moonbaby for a reason (I can explain this if you would like, but in an email, and after the time mentioned above....)
cappymoon
on 4/5/06 8:36 am - Northern, VA
Or if we knew exactly what *finger food* ment, that would be fine as well, and we could just hang out and talk and whatever till the place gets going (I know Cleve will vote for this one....LOL, and if we knew that we could EAT the finger food, I might be in for this one as well!! That way we would KNOW that we had our tables for the night, and we all got in free. The more money we save the better off my life is, ya know?) Ok, I think I am talking myself into option #2...any way we can find out what is on the *menu*?? I could be a finger food kinda gal for the evening.....
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 8:39 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOLOL - there are PRO's and CON's to both, huh? The lady at HAVE A NICE DAY was so sweet, very helpful and she even suggested that "our entire group" walk upstairs and check out the food and make the decision at that point. Ive NEVER gone there to eat, I do know they have a bunch of pool tables, in the back area, and I think that's where the food is set up. Psssst... don't tell Cleve this, but methinks if he really had to vote, he'd be voting for dinner at HOOTERS! Yes, there is a Hooters in the same area, about 2 doors down. LOL, when I told Paul about the "challenge" it's the ONLY restaurant he could come up with for a Plan B. Gee, go figure. Men!
eileen f
on 4/5/06 8:45 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey girlfriend!! I go with option #2. That way we already have our big tables, I would think it would probably be relatively quiet there at that time of the night, before the 'dancing crowd' gets there, and it should be pretty easy to be able to talk to each other I would think. Eileen
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 8:50 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello girlfriend!! [my hair is starting to hurt!] Hey? Whats the EARLIEST you think you could be at my house? Or are you even planning on coming by here first? I'm not sure if you ever made the call on that, I know you said you could be at dinner by 7:00, after getting all your running around done. (Princess) Christine is going to be here around 6:00, and lord knows when Keoni and Paul will be home/ready. Might just leave them to drive out on their own, so I can head out sooner/vs/later!
eileen f
on 4/5/06 8:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I think it would be best to meet you all there a****erside, I KNOW for sure we couldn't be at your house by 6 and 6:15 even sounds debatable. I think we will end up, after getting the kids to Granny's, getting on the freeway around 6:30 (HOPEFULLY!). Eileen
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 9:07 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Sounds like a PLAN!! ...it's really VERY easy to find, just take WATERSIDE exit off of 264! It's a LEFT exit off the highway, Paul thinks it's exit 10. Waterside/Jillians is on that same road, (I think the second stop light down) on the left hand side. You'll want to park IMMEDIATELY across from that (right hand side, paid parking) so you can take the skybridge over to the restaurant and club.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views