Am I on track?

Lorraina M.
on 4/5/06 12:28 am - Ruther Glen, VA
OK, I think I am getting discouraged. Maybe that is ridiculous as I am only 3 weeks post op, but here is my story. I think I am averaging anywhere from 600-800 calories a day. I am struggling with protein, but yesterday got my 60 by using two servings of Proteinex (15g each and 60 cal. each serving) along with the 30 I got in food. My usual menu is Cheerios w/ 8oz, fat free milk for breakfast, maybe a Dannon lite and fit (60 cal.) for snack, either 1/2 of a small lean cruisine (120 cal.) or 1 cup of fat free chicken soup (100 cal.) for lunch, some sugar free jello, and something around 200 cal for supper. Total cal. about 700. I have been getting about 40-45 oz. of fluid plus a few sugar free popcicles a day. I have only lost 22 pounds so far and have stayed the same for the past 3 days. I am getting really yancy and worried that I am doing something wrong. Also, sometimes i feel like I can eat too much, I can eat a cup of cheerios with the milk without feeling bad or full,,,,,,is this unusual? Thanks a bunch for any info or advice. Lorraine
Kathy & Rich
on 4/5/06 12:37 am - Fairfax, VA
You are doing just fine! Cheerios crunch down to nothing and the milk will wa**** right through the pouch so I'm not surprised that you can get what seems like some volume in. Your body has been through quite a bit. It needs some breaks so don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't move for a few days. If you can weigh less often than daily, that might help. Best wishes, Kathy
Julie R.
on 4/5/06 2:48 am - Belspring, VA
The same thing happened to me weight wise between 2-3 weeks. PUT AWAY THE SCALE It will help to keep you sane I now get weighted once a week. Some people say to get rid of the scale all together, but I just can't do that. I'm in my 6th week now and have been dropping about 3 pounds a week. By my 4th week I was able to get the liquids up to the 64oz. Last week I started slacking, but I am back up to 64 oz again. You are doing great with the 22 pounds!!! Everyone looses at their own pace and it will start to go down. Week 3 & 4 were discouraging for me because my stomach was still swollen, and I hadn't lost as much as I thought I would. Now, I keep catching myself looking in the mirror. My collarbone is beginning to peak through (just a hint now in the right pose) but I can see it. I can also get into the jeans that have been sitting in my drawer for the past 2-3 years waiting for me to get in them. Oh, and my wrists seem tiny , and at the gym I have to work HARD to get my pulse rate up. Don't worry about your weight, you are adjusting now. You will start losing again soon, and seriously, resist the urge to jump on the scale each day. You don't have long to wait; I'm only a few weeks ahead of you Best wishes! Julie 237/207/165/135 preop/now/drs goal/my goal
Donut22kids
on 4/5/06 3:59 am - Jeffersonton, VA
I know all doctors are different but I am surprised that you ar not on pureed foods. I am 8 weeks now post op and I am still on pureed foods. Actually, I see my surgeon today at 4:00 and he will discuss with me the next stage which is soft foods. I am glad if you can eat what you are, I am just surprised, I have had trouble with some purees getting stuck or caught. Donna
J-MA
on 4/5/06 4:18 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Lorraina; I felt the same way by my third week. I am now exactly five weeks out and I have lost 30 lbs. You are doing fine. It is very important for you to get your protein in. I have attended many support groups, and it seems to me that those that get their protein in, lose more weight than those that do not or struggle with getting all their protein in. Protein is the key. Don't worry about the calories too much. Obviously you will not be able to eat that many calories if you are keeping your amounts to your doctor's directions. Do not weigh yourself every day!!!! You will go crazy if you do that. I have been weighing myself once a week, but I might cut it back to two weeks. Also keep in mind, that others might have lost more than you in the same time frame, but that is probably because they have a higher percentage of weight to lose than you. Keep up the good work. You are doing great!!!! Jayne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views