Yikes! Wow! HELP! Questions!!

Christina R.
on 4/4/06 11:53 pm - Reston, VA
All- I just finished my three month exercise program and my surgeon's office will be submitting for approval soon...but....they want me to pick a date for surgery (like a request for the date)! I can't decide!! How long will it take to "recover"? How long should I plan on being out of work? Will I be able to do things while I'm recovering? I have all these questions because they told me to pick from Mid-May through June but I have alot going on already during that time! My husband and I are house-hunting and planning on moving at the end of June (we'll move into a new rental even if we don't buy...we're "so done" with our current rental management). We'll probably hire movers, but will do our own packing/unpacking. My boss will be out for three weeks in July (which would be an ideal time for me to be out as well...I like my job/boss so I want to make this as painless as possible for her.). My family (from CA) is/was planning to be here in July for a week of sight-seeing and fun. HELP! Any suggestions? My thought is to just let them pick and then deal accordingly, but heck...if I can control something I sure do like that thought too! I'm supposed to call today and give them a date....help! Christina S
A10sFrau
on 4/5/06 12:49 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
You'll have to prioritze what is most important to you. if you will be doing MILES of walking on the sight seeing trips, then I would suggest surgery in May. You will feel like walking after surgery, but not MILES. I came back to work in 2 weeks. I think it depends what you do on your job, stress level, etc. I do no lifting and other than the sub not doing as instructed, my stress on returning was relatively low. So many choices! Good lucjk! Lois
Christina R.
on 4/5/06 5:45 am - Reston, VA
Well, I choose June 15 (wanted the 16th, but Dr. doesn't do surgery on Fridays). I choose this because I figured I could be pretty much packed by then for the move and since we're hiring movers it won't be that bad. THEN I can rest easy if things take longer than expected on the recovery side of things (since boss will be gone for a good chunk of July). As for my family coming out in July....I figure I'll play that one by ear. If I have the energy to go walk all over DC, then I'll go...if not, I won't. Either way it wil be good to see my family. Hopefully I get approved and this will be the day I can start to specifically pray for (as opposed to generally praying). Thanks Lois for your advice.....and to everyone on these boards for your support. Please pray that I get approved easily. Christina S
A10sFrau
on 4/5/06 12:09 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sounds like you got your ducks in a row! The packing is really important, and we can't lift for several weeks following surgery. Congratulations on your date!! Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views