My journey continues.....

Lorraina M.
on 4/4/06 10:10 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
Well overall I feel pretty good. I think my eating is ok although as I said yesterday the protein is difficult. But I have two issues and I wonder how "normal" they are. One is daily diarrhea and two is nightly leg cramps. I take the chewable benefiber each day, but have only been taking one tablet, maybe I should take more? The leg cramps just started and last night were pretty severe. I am taking two multiple vitamins, the A & D and sublingual B-12 and Zinc. Any ideas out there? Thanks a bunch! Lorraine
Sharon Q.
on 4/4/06 10:33 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Good Morning Lorraine!! Sounds like you are doing fine girl!! 2 things I can say..........if you have daily diarrhea, maybe you should stop taking the benefiber till that stops. Fiber makes you go, not stop. LOL 2nd..........for leg cramps my nutritionist suggested more potassium. She said we could get that easily with V8 juice. She suggested we even keep it next to our bed for night time leg cramps. Other than those 2 things I think you are doing great!! Keep on pluggin away!!! XOOXOOOXOOXOXO Sharon
Kathy & Rich
on 4/4/06 10:35 pm - Fairfax, VA
Morning, Sharon!
Sharon Q.
on 4/4/06 10:39 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
And a GREAT morning to you 2 my friend!! XOOXOOXOXOOOX
Kathy & Rich
on 4/4/06 10:34 pm - Fairfax, VA
Lorraine, Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good. How are you doing on water intake? Sometimes dehydration can cause leg cramps. Could be that with your diarrhea... you are dehydrating. See if you can up your intake of fluids - perhaps that might help. If the diarrhea keeps going on, you may want to talk to your doctor. Best wishes, Kathy
Lorraina M.
on 4/4/06 10:44 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
Thanks Sharon and Kathy! I will try the V8 and stop the Benefiber (I thought that was for both constipation and diarrhea?). My fluid intake is definately not the 64 we aim for, yesterday was probably about 40-45. Will aim for more water, feel like I am floating most of the time. Thanks again for the reply!
Gail from NoVa
on 4/5/06 3:17 am - Bealeton, VA
Are you by any chance doing protein shakes with milk mixer? If so, the diarrhea could be lactose intolerance, which happens to some of us after WLS. Speaking from my experience, that was the reason. When I get leg cramps, it's usually from too little fluids. That's probably not surprising since your surgery is so recent. When in doubt, always ask your doctor. That's why they make the big bucks! Congratulations on making the decision to have this surgery. XOXO, Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views