Small Stuff (please read)

Kitty Kat
on 4/4/06 9:33 am - Richmond, VA
In writing mode this pm and wanted to share some more tidbits... Pulled out a book this pm and have been reading many things in it that make complete sense. God Is In The Small Stuff...and it all matters. How true that is. Looking in the mirror today I thought to myself you are so much more than you allow yourself to be. I saw the small things that I have at one time or another obsessed over and really thought about why that is. The way one side of my hair doesn't do what I want it to but the other does. The way my glasses fit my face and how I need to get my glasses fitted/tightened so they will stop falling of of my face (lost some weight lately). The way clothes fit my body. The way my body looks and feels. The way I see things. These are small things that add up to big things to me but are really not that big of a deal. I'm blessed with many things. Some people don't have hair. Some can't afford glasses. Some can't afford clothes. My complaints really are unfounded for the most part. It's these little things that eat me up some times. I have choices though and life is what we make it. I can either make choices or sit by and whine. Well, screw that. Whining sucks the life outta people and wastes time which we don't have tons of. Here are some tips from strangely enough Chapter 13 of this book. So true...I need to focus on these when it comes to getting the rest of this weight off me. *Discipline begins with small things done daily *The secret behind most success stories? Discipline *Every morning you choose your attitude for the day *The first step on the path to commitment is making up your mind *You can plan to succeed or you can plan to fail the choice is yours *Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline *Develop a cause for your life whatever it is, dedicate yourself to it daily *Don't be good at making excuses *Discipline is at the heart of discipleship *Before diving into anything, step back and view the big picture *Acquire good habits; abandon bad habits *Move from involvement to commitment *Use your free time productively *Your dreams won't come true if you allow them to languish *If you want to achieve excellence, begin with discipline *Worthwhile activities may be tough in the short-term but rewarding in the long-term *People will be more impressed by what you finish than by what you start *Motivation can fade habits prevail ~To learn, you must love discipline Proverbs 12:1 Kitty Kat
KathieKathie
on 4/5/06 11:40 pm - Manassas, VA
Hey sweetie, This is awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing... You're just too cool! hugs! Kathie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views