Devistated - Yet .. Hopefull

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 5:02 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well .. when it rains it pours .. and there is always an umbrella somewhere ! I am back from my consult with the plastic surgeon . Here is the great news .. He can get me approved for the Panalectomy and an inner and outer thigh lift . Said done deal .. but .. I have a large hernia .. that well for a lack of better words .. almost impossible to fix .. or fixable , but he wants to go down to Duke to let them do it as there is so much at risk . I have major scar tissue and the risk of them cutting into my bowel .. well , I need to do some soul searching on this one . ... I am excited about my PS .. but here is the clicher .. I must quit smoking for 3 months .. no lie .. 3 Months .. or no submission to Insurance company . He told me that I was an excellent canidate for the surgery , but no dice If I smoke .. So in saying that .. I am asking you all to help me .. I have only quit once and it was cold turkey .. I WANT THIS FREAKIN SURGERY .. SO AFTER THIS WEEKEND - I QUIT ... I have been wanting to do this anyway .. So God's Way of Testing me as to my wants .. and how bad huh ... Well .. that is it .. so when it rains it pours .. but I got it covered and its ALL GOOD ! Love ya .. Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 5:11 am - Fort Myers, FL
Natalie--Have you ever heard of a shot that is supposed to help people quit smoking? I had never heard of it but my brother had it a couple weeks ago and is still smoke free and two others I know (the biggest butt fiends I ever met in my life) have quit using the shot thing for over a year now. The actually used to smoke while eating. It is supposed to block some receptors or something. I will find out more about it if you are interested.
Kitty Kat
on 4/4/06 5:39 am - Richmond, VA
Hey beautiful, I have been thinking bout you ALL day. I'm SO glad things are going to work out. You CAN quite smoking and I KNOW you will do it! God IS amazing and listening and will see you through this just as he's seen you through many trials in your life. I am so excited for you and my hope is that when I go in May it will be my time to discuss reconstructive surgery and go for it. I am working towards that goal and will be interested to learn from your experience. "Stop Worrying and Invite God into the Details of Your Life" Kat
Pat F.
on 4/4/06 5:40 am - Richmond, VA
Yes, sweetheart it does for sure. Congrats on the surgery and I hope that everything turns out for the best. I will still be keeping you in my prayers and throughts. If you need anything please let me know how I can help you. You are a beautiful woman who deserves the best of everything. God will not give you more than you can handle so just trust in him and he will provide for you. for you
prissy25
on 4/4/06 6:04 am - Barboursville, VA
Hey Nat congrats on the PS and as far as u smoking I quit w/ the patches and ive been smoke free since 2000 i smoke about 3 packs a day. so you set your mind and a date and you will make it good luck and your in my prayers I know its hard.
Sporty Jill
on 4/4/06 6:06 am - Norfolk, VA
Nat- You can do it. I KNOW you can. I was a smoker for a few years and when I decided I wanted this surgery, I quite. That was 1 1/2 years ago, and I haven't looked back since. Knowing how badly you want this surgery, I KNOW you can do it! Jill 263/186/145
lawoman
on 4/4/06 6:34 am - Hellertown, PA
Hey! You can do this..I know its hard....good luck and if you ever need anything, you know where to find me!! **hugs** Leigh Ann
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/4/06 7:24 am - Danville, VA
Hey Sweet Tink....I am with you....I will quit after the weekend too so we can do this together...check out that shot...If you want me to go to Duke with you, I will be glad to...just let me know. See ya on Thursday...bus comes in at 2:00...don't forget me! We are going to have a blast. We will forget all our worries and just enjoy time together. Love ya.. Hugs, Betsy
Ernurse323
on 4/4/06 7:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Get some wellbutrin..... Kill two birds with one stone...It will ease any depression and help quit smoking !!! Ahhhhhhhh ****I can't believe it about that hernia. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Wow....just think how you are gonna look this fall !!!!!! Congrats !!! Big Hugs, Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 4/4/06 8:10 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Nat! For the price of quitting smoking... so much can be yours. Sometimes the cost of something so positive is hard yet it can be do. Best wishes in this journey! It won't be easy but the end result... you'll be so very happy. My sister smoked from age 18 to 48. Yup, she had to quit so she could get her mastectomies and reconstructive surgeries done. Cold turkey. My mother (bless her) decided to quit smoking many years ago after smoking 40 something years. She told my dad when she returned from a trip to my sister's house that she wasn't going to smoke when she got home and by godness's sake... she never picked up another one. Again cold turkey. Anyway, just wanted to tell you... this is so doable. We all know how very strong you are and that you can do anything you put your mind to. Congrats on the plastics consult! Best wishes on your soul searching on the hernia. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views