Passing along

Kitty Kat
on 4/4/06 4:37 am - Richmond, VA
I don't know where I got these from but I hand wrote them on a couple sheets of notebook paper. (I'm going through my journals and notebooks) I thought I would pass them along as I plan to print them out and stick 'em on my wall as reminders. Hope everyone is having a good day! Kitty Kat Thoughts o Resist the urge to make decisions quickly o Gather opinions from different people with different experiences Be Good To Yourself o Avoid "I can't" or "I haven't been a good friend" o Reserve time each day and week for yourself Change o Give away/sell all the things you no longer need/want o Communicate with a past person Basic Choice o Choose to be positive o "You ARE the choice maker" Hope o Spend 2 minutes each day hoping for something positive in your life o Spread your hopes to others and pray for their hopes No o "I won't go there" use these 4 words when you begin to think negatively o Remember there are others in situations far more dire than the one you might be in Watch Your Thoughts o Observe your thoughts then make a decision o Remind yourself to see the big picture Green Grass o "IF ONLY" trap: avoid this by tending the weeds in your own back yard o The grass is as green as it need to be Take 5 o 5 minutes-stand back, get perspective, understand the situation and move forward o 5 minutes-reflect on the importance of the days events Vacation Everyday o ALONE: listen to music, walk, read or meditate o WITH OTHERS: IM, meet for a quick snack, lunch, coffee or drinks Notice What Gets You o Be aware of your stressor triggers o Find comedy in stressors Fighting Reality o Face reality if you don't like it o Share concerns and get suggestions Focus On Blessings o "DROP THE NEGATIVES AND FOCUS ON THE BLESSINGS" o The situation may seem dire right now but you will look back on it and realize it's significance Golden Pause o Interrupt YOU when you are feeling tired, irritated, stressed etc o 2-5 minutes: focus on breathing, the wind, sky, sun, trees etc This Too Shall Pass o Moods: starting place not the end; know your moods o Postpone a trip, meeting, calls, emails etc and focus on getting back to feeling positive Zero Expectations o Set small goals o Do all you can then move on Are YOU In There? o Do one thing at a time; complete it o Don't rush and do it well Laugh Each Day o Find something that gets you laughing each day o Enjoy playing in the rain, splashing in mud puddles, singing in front of the mirror, dancing etc Learn to say NO o Look at commitments o Do you need them? Want them? Have time for them? Be Careful What You Do & Say o Emphasis: reading or TV? Money: spend it wisely? o Do you empower not just yourself but family and friends?
lawoman
on 4/4/06 6:33 am - Hellertown, PA
thanks girlie! I needed that..i am too gonna print it out and read it!! *hugs** Leigh Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views