pain in left side/cat scan ordered

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 4:07 am - Remington, VA
Hi all. I have to go have a cat scan tomorrow as I've been having pain in my left side, since surgery. It's gotten worse in the past couple of days. Please pray for me that it's something minor. Thanks, Kirsten
Sharon Q.
on 4/4/06 4:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hiya Kirsten!! I know unknown pains can be so scary, but I'm hoping it will be minor. I can tell you the cat scan test is minor. With your surgeon reading it and not some ER dr, you should get the answers you need right away!! Best of luck girly and let us know how it turns out!!!! OOOXOOXOXOXOXXOXO Sharon
I Believe
on 4/4/06 5:18 am - Bessemer City, NC
Hi Kristen! I was visiting your state page and saw your post. I just wanted to tell you that this pain in the left side happens to a bunch of people after their surgery. It is where they cut through the muscle and insert a tool to do the major part of the RNY. My husband had his surgery in June and went through the same pain. The catscan is a precaution, and I do recommend it, but I hope by telling you that others experience the same pain that this will make you feel better about the situation. My DH finally went away after having it for several weeks and has been fine since. Best of luck and God Bless! Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 11:09 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Miss Nancy - I love seeing your sweet face in unexpected places!!! love donna
Lelandmm
on 4/4/06 6:10 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kirsten, Good Luck with your CAT Scan. I had one back in November. My pain is ongoing and has been for about a year now. I had the first 10 mos of my post op life pretty much pain free. Except the immediate after hospital pains. I had an ultrasound in July. They found nothing. I had 3 ultrasound techs and the head of radiology look at it. I ended up catching a severe respiratory infection from being stuck in the hosptial waiting room with sick people. However, the ultrasound showed nothing. So my saint, I mean surgeon, he thinks he is a saint, Claims that my pain could not possibly be caused by my surgery. But he ordered a CAT Scan anyways to shut me up. $5,500 for a medical procedure that I STILL don't have the results of. How nice! That was NOV. My pcp is getting the films from my surgeon to analyze them herself. She believes the pain IS from my surgery. It feels like metal poking me most of the time, so it MUST be that. Bottom line, I am still hurting, no one knows why. I hope they find something with your CAT Scan. Tell me what they find! I hope it is nothing major, but if they find something, You won't spend months worrying like I have. Leland
Betsy Anitahug
on 4/4/06 9:11 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....so sorry you are having problems...Sure hope it is something minor that they can fix. So far I have been lucky...Let us know what the drs say...You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
Shanana
on 4/4/06 11:00 am - Altavista, VA
I am having Lower left abdomen pain too. I had catscan few weeks ago. I am having colonoscopy next week. They think mine may be Diverticulitis. I hope they find out. I keep having bouts and having to take antibiotics. Hope you are better soon. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 11:11 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Kristen, I am glad you're going in for this. Maybe it has somethig to do with the dizziness too. Ask about that. I will be thinking of you and sending really good thoughts your way. Let us know! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views