Support Groups in Richmond?

Stacey S.
on 4/3/06 11:28 pm - Albertville, MN
Hello... I am a post op that lives in Minnesota, but am here in Richmond each week for work. I can never make it home in time for my support group meetings, so I was wondering if y'all could tell me about the support groups here in Richmond. I need to get back into attending one regularly, as I did before and just after surgery. Thanks so much! Stacey
Tam
on 4/4/06 1:46 am - Richmond, VA
Stacey, We have a wonderful one that meets every week on Thursdays at St. Mary's Hospital. This week's is our "normal" support group meeting and meets from 7-8:30 in the educational rooms behind the cafeteria. Next week is the "open forum" meeting then comes the nutritional meeting with a registered dietician and then another "open forum" meeting. The last three I mentioned meet from 6-8 (sometimes they end around 7:30ish). I do not think I will make this weeks meeting as I am going to be packing for vacation. We leave Friday morning! But you are more than welcome to come and join in. Please let me know if you have any questions or need directions. I am on the steering commitee so I will be happy to help in any way possible! I am sure there are others, but I do not know where or when they meet. This is just the one that I attend regularly. Tammy C
A10sFrau
on 4/4/06 1:49 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
All the Richmond surgeons have support groups. Hutcher has one bunch, Drs. Kellum and Maher (MCV) another. I am a Kellum patient, but don't go to support meetings because I am so far from Richmond. Someone else here can probably tell you when they meet or you can call the doctor's offices and find out. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views