Protein??

Lorraina M.
on 4/3/06 2:07 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Well as with most of us my #1 problem is getting enough protein. I have been lax the past week and need to get in gear before it causes me problems.. I noticed in a past post that Nectar Lemon Tea and Lemonade was mentioned,,,,,,,,,,,,where do you purchase these Nectar products. I also have tried the Unjury and just cannot stand the smell or taste. I am drinking a CIB in the afternoon to help out with protein, is this good? or too high calorie? Thanks
elizabethc03
on 4/3/06 2:37 am - Cypress, TX
Lorraina, I personally didn't like the Nectar products but I know many do. I think you can order samples off the vitalady website. (www.vitalady.com) I use the Profect "shots" because they aren't chunky and I can down one in a few minutes while holding my nose. Plus they're 25 g of protein per shot so it's worth the cost to me. Good luck with the taste testing Liz
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 5:29 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Any way you get in your protien is good , but keep in mind it needs to be good Whey Protein concentrate with Whey Isolates , Now in saying that you will need to really do your homework - or taste work . I for one love the Nectar products and cannot do anything but them . When I mix them with Chrystal Lite .. they are yum .. and honestly .. even if I had to hold my nose I would do them .. Protein is so very important in our overal health . if you like I can send you literature on the whole protein take . I use this in my support group ! Many hugs and take care , Nat
Lorraina M.
on 4/3/06 5:33 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Hi Nat, I would appreciate any info that you can send. My address is Lorraine Meredith, 721 Welsh Drive, Ruther Glen, VA 22546. So do you order the Nectar from Vitalady? Guess I will get some samples and see what i like best. I had surgery on 3-15 and have dropped 22 lbs., i feel maybe it would be more if i was getting enough protein? From what i read this is a little on the low side. Actually the nurse practioner said it was a little low also (I am a Dr. Hutcher patient also). Thanks for the help. Lorraine
meltingmomma
on 4/3/06 10:18 pm - Winchester, VA
Hi Nat: I am scheduled for surgery May 3 and want to be certain that I get off on the correct foot with protein... Would it be possible to also send me the info you have collected... my email address is [email protected].... Thanks so much in advance... I truly have learned so much from lurking around here This group is great! Sue
LB
on 4/4/06 2:24 am - Northern, VA
Hey, Tink! What'd the dr. say about your surgeries??? All good news, I hope! Quick question...are the Profect vials those good whey proteins you were talking about? God, I hope so, cause that's about all I drink. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 9:26 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Lorraina ~ Here are a few protein sites that might be helpful. Also, another great way to actually PRICE stuff online is to use www.froogle.com ...just type in the item you're looking for and it'll pull up the sites that have the item with the purchase price, in descending order. www.vitalady.com www.txwls.com www.wlssupplies.com www.supplementwholesaler.com www.muscleshoppe.com www.allsportsnutrition.com www.dpsnutrition.net/ www.bodybuilding.com www.vitacost.com http://store.yahoo.com/cntr4weightloss/newitems.html www.vitaminshoppe.com www.advantagesupplements.com www.vigorousliving.com/ www.gourmetprotein.com/ Happy clicking and ordering, good luck keeping those protein levels up. Oh, you asked about the calories in a CIB and if it was any good - I honestly have no idea how many calories are in it, but you should "TRY" to keep your protein shake calories between 100 and 125, per 25 grams of protien. Eventually, for ALL of us, even with weight loss surgery, it's going to boil down to calories in vs calories out - it's smart to monitor any calories you DRINK in a more stringent fashion early on ~ Lei
Linda Y.
on 4/3/06 9:43 am - Portsmouth, VA
I was turned on by Tink to the Nectar Lemon Tea mixed with Crystal Lite or Wal-Mart's Tea with Peach & it's good! I had a hard time finding something I liked, not to mention expensive too! I also buy Profect! I can drink mine without holding my nose, I really do like it! I pour it into a small brandy snifter...makes it look nicer! But it too is kinda high...with tax & all it runs me about $4.00 each. You can order it on line @ www.protica.com, also if you go to www.bariatriceating.com you can order samples of several different Nectar Teas. These 2 are the only ones I drink now! Hopes this helps, Anastasia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views