Sorry I have been MIA..

Smukums
on 4/2/06 11:19 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi all! Sorry I have not been around. I have been battling this insurance company and I had my galbladder removed after all. Its been a disappointing few weeks. I am really aggravated over the insurance and I am afraid there isn't anything else I can do with United Healthcare to get them to approve this. So I am moving to plan B and that would be to get a new job. For many reasons I want to do this including getting new ins and hopefully making more money. You guys are wonderful here - whenever I need an answer or advice I know I can count on you. I am back and asking for your help... I just need to know where the people in Richmond who have had their WLS approved by their insurance through their employer - where do you work? Also, is anyones company hiring right now? Thank you so much for all of your help - like I said you guys are great! Nicole
Julie R.
on 4/3/06 1:12 am - Belspring, VA
Although the pay isn't great, the insurance provided for state jobs is AWESOME. I haven't known anyone to be turned down, and the whole approval process is painless. I was actually approved within 12 hours of the consult with my surgeon. I also had no problem with the short-term disability. The first week came from my sick time (you get about 2 weeks from day one & personal leave), the next week was 100% covered, and the third week was covered 80%. I work at Virginia Tech, but the thing about state jobs is that they cover many areas. On the negative side, if you want to make good money, you typically won't find it through the state unless you are a professor or higher up admin, but the benefits are great!!! Julie 237/207/165/135 pre-op/now/dr's goal/my goal
elizabethc03
on 4/3/06 2:38 am - Cypress, TX
Get a government job! Tricare has been super easy to work with and seems to be pretty easy to get approval thru. Liz
Shanana
on 4/3/06 10:18 am - Altavista, VA
Here is the link for state jobs. Hope you can work it out. It is so worth it and you are too!!!! http://jobs.state.va.us/ My hospital bill was $300 out of around 29,000. Had to pay 200. deductible for labs and xrays than 10%. The insurance is great and state holidays as well. The work is hard but for now it weighs out. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views