Friday - Dancing/Dinner VaBeach!

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:25 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello gals and guys - It's now CRUNCH time for Friday nights "Dinner and Dancing" in VaBeach! Ive gone through Natalie's original post and yanked all the names that responded as wanting to go. Here is a RECAP of where we're going. I now need some FIRM numbers so that reservations can be made at both places. So please, if you've expressed interest and your name is NOT on the list, type up! If you've expressed interest before and now find that you can't go, please type up. Finally, if you missed the original invite and would like to join us, PLEASE DO, the more the merrier. Just let me know how many are going in this post ASAP. Dinner will be Friday night, April 7th at 7:00 p.m. at Joe's Crab Shack at 333 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA -- Phone: 757.625.0655 http://www.joescrabshack.com/index.html Dancing is afterwards at 8:30 (give or take) and is in the same area as the restaurant. We'll be burning up the calories on the dance floor at: "Have a Nice Day Cafe" at 333 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA -- Phone: 757.627.2270 http://www.cafenorfolk.com/main.php Basically, they are both located in the same area as JILLIANs down by the waterside in Norfolk. If you park directly across from Jillians, I can't remember the name of the building - someone help me out here, Anyone? ...I think it's the "Bank of America" building, but I could be wrong. It's $5 to park and they have a covered skyway that you can walk across, so you avoid the street traffic. JOE's crab shack is located on the ground floor, near the water. The dance club is located in the same building/area on the SECOND floor. Dinner & Dancing Dianna & Cleve = 2 Natalie = 1 Betsy = 1 Lei & Paul = 2 (wooohoo, he'll be in town, afterall) Wendy G. = 1 Eileen F. & Mike = 2 Dana S. = 1 (or 2 w/hubby?) Kelli J. & Hubby = 2 Jill (Princess Shimmey) = 1 Dinner Only Track McCreary = 1 Trisha Bremmer = 1 Dancing Only Princess Christine = 1 Corinn (Frogger) = 1 If I have this figured out correctly, for now, we have 15 for dinner and 15 for dancing - as I said earlier, the more the merrier, just let me know! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend??? Mine was absolutely WONDERFUL, dinner and dancing Saturday night. Then off to the "Daffy'dil Festival" in Gloucester on Sunday (GREAT Festival, if ya'll have never been, it's worth the drive out). Then back to the beach and an impromptu visit to a Tattoo Parlor on Great Neck. I ended up piercing my belly button. Good lord almighty, at 45 years OLD.... can we say "new life crisis"?? I love it, and the best part, it didn't hurt at all - it's a double studded purple sparkly stone. Soooooooooo - wanna join us on Friday? We'd LOVE to have you ~ Lei .
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:30 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
That is awesome about the BB Ring .I love it .. and yes .. you know I will be there .. I am so excited ... I sent you an email about getting together Friday for Lunch as Betsy and I will be down there ahead of the others . Lemme know .. Huggles .. Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:36 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey sweet stuff! Im SO behind on my email, about 3 days worth, which is prolly 100 pieces that I "need" to respond too. I DID just locate yours and wrote back. ABSOLUTELY I can meet ya'll for lunch. I won't plan anything for that day, so consider me all yours! lol, I know, it's not much of a freakn door prize, but it's the best I can do, missy! Anyway- I did write back (just now) and suggested maybe lunch on the Boardwalk??? This way we can get some sun, some food, good company and then be able to WALK off all the calories, afterwards, with the beach as our theater! Let me know what time you think you'll be getting into town, okay? I'll keep the entire day free. Can't wait!!!!!!!!
Tam
on 4/2/06 10:41 pm - Richmond, VA
Lei~ I am off to the funeral and just popped in for a second to read the posts and try and catch up a little. I will be in VA Beach for a week starting on the 7th. I really need the break! My DH Steve will be coming down after work on Friday...I am leaving as soon as the kids get out of school for Spring Break. I do not know what time he will be there or how long it takes to get from the ocean front to where the dinner and dancing are going to be. Can you help me out with directions and timing? This will determine if I will be there for both or just for dancing. Also, I need to see if I can arrange child care so Steve can join us as well. If not then it will just be me there. I will post again as soon as I know. If it is too late of notice, just let me know and I (or we) will not come. I wish I could have firmed up my plans sooner but with Steve's grandfather being killed in the accident last Thursday everything has been wacky around here. {hugs} Tammy C
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:50 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaw, Tammy - I'm SO SORRY to hear about your Grandfather. Aaargh, and Im also sorry that I didn't respond to your earlier post on it (just did a search on your name and saw the thread) ....my only excuse is that I have had little to NO time to spend on the computer over the last 3 days. My thoughts are with you and your family, during what has got to be a very DIFFICULT time. The distance between the Ocean Front and the Waterside is about 20 minutes, give or take a couple. I live near the Ocean Front, and when I hop on to 264 from my house, it's about 15 to 20 minutes. I would absolutely LOVE it if we could see you again (and your hubby Steve, too, of course) ....what perfect timing, on your part! Also, keep in mind, even if you can't actually get there in time for dinner (as in right at 7:00) ...you can still stroll in later, even if it's just to sip on some water and visit with us, this way you are NOT walking into the dance club alone. I suspect we'll be at the restaurant till 8:30 and I'll put the reservations under MY name. Let me know if you can make it, we'd love if it if you could. Once again, Im so sorry to hear about your grandfather - hugs, Lei
WendyNVA
on 4/3/06 1:49 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey woman, Confirm me. I don't actually recall that parking garage having a name, other than municiple parking garage, but I could be wrong. Anyway, its the first parking garage on your right, after you take the Waterside drive exit, and pass the light. Parking is $5. You can also Valet if you prefer (I think its still $5 +tip of course) at the front lower level of Waterside. If you park in the garage, take the skywalk out, on the 2nd floor, and it will put ya right inside Waterside on the upper level. I'm excited to get out dancing again. I Had a blast this weekend, and cant wait to show everyone my new ink! Wendy
Sporty Jill
on 4/3/06 2:26 am - Norfolk, VA
WOOHOO!!!! I'm there! Jill 263/188/145
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 9:36 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - belly button piercing -- you are such a hip chick!! Maybe after a tummy tuck I might consider it. Hmmm, no, on second thought, I don't think I will. But it was a wild thought!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 9:40 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Do it, do it, DO IT!!!!!! ..theres only ONE stipulation, you absolutely canNOT get it done without ME there!! There's something to be said about defying "conventional" thinking at times, ya' know? It keeps the inner child smiling and Father Time at bay!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 9:51 am - Fairfax Station, VA
okay, that will be my reward for a flat tummy -- a piercing. But you have to go with me so I don't chicken out. And then we'll go somewhere and I can get a tatoo. Oh my gosh - I can't stand myself, I am so cool. By the way, I'm golad you got the pictures. I could have just send them cyper but I had some made for a scrapbook that I'm making and I got extra so I sent them. I loved them!! love you Lei!! donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views