Support Meetings in Hampton Roads!!!!!

** Judy **
on 4/2/06 12:47 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I responded with this info to an older post. Thinking it might be over looked, I decided to give it it's "own" post. Hope it is useful to someone!! I usually attend 2-3 support groups per month. There is one held the first Tuesday of each month in the Virginia Beach General area -- across from the Emergency Room -- in the Health Education Center. It is a "sand" colored building diagonally across from the ER and parking is behind or across from it. It begins at 7 p.m. Norfolk Surgical Group has two per month. I had my surgery with Dr. Wohlgemuth of Norfolk Surgical -- he is the best!!!! The first is held the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Lifestyle Building beside Chesapeake General Hospital on Battlefield Blvd. It begins at 7 p.m. The second support meeting with Norfolk Surgical is held the 4th Thursday of each month at Sentara Leigh Hospital on Kempsville Road in Norfolk. Drive down the right hand side of the hospital. When it becomes a one story building, park your car. Walk down the sidewalk -- you will see the cafeteria to your right as you walk down the sidewalk. The meeting is in a room at the back of the cafeteria. It starts at 7 p.m. All three are open to the public. The meeting at Leigh (4th Thursday of the months) usually has one of the surgeons present for question and answer. The Va Beach General and the Leigh meeting have a Registered Dietician present for question and answer. The Chesapeake General and the Leigh have Bariatric Program Coordinator available for question and answer. Come join us -- they are all great!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
THANK you for posting this Judy!!!! I get this question from locals all the time and I always feel bad that I havent a clue where to suggest. ...guess if Id EVER show up to one of these with you, I'd have a clue, huh?
Christine Hood
on 4/3/06 10:50 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Come tomorrow night!! Beach General! Would love to see ya there!
Christine Hood
on 4/3/06 10:49 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I would have to agree Judy! I attend most of these as well and get so much info! I also go to Be Well at Explorehealth on Great Neck. That is a really small group run by dietician and exercise phys. I like that one because it is so small and personal. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views