NAWLINS!!!

Sharon Q.
on 4/2/06 6:57 am - Fredericksburg, VA
First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you who played along with my "TGIF Senseless Questions"!!! It was so much fun to come home today and read all of your answers! You guys ROCK!!!! Secondly, NAWLINS IS TOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! OMG did we have so much fun!!! If you ever have chance to get down there, even for a couple days, it's so worth it!!! That city NEVER SLEEPS MAN!!!!! We packed more into those 2 days than I thought was ever possible!! Maybe we need to have a VA WLS Conference down there!!! Our wacky group would fit right in!!! LOLOL Anyways, I'm home, and exhausted. I think I got about 1 hour of sleep last night!!! I'll catch up w/all of ya later!! OXOOOOXOXOXOOOX Sharon
*~Tigger~ *
on 4/2/06 7:58 am - Staunton, VA
Isn't that city AMAZING? I can't wait to have a frozen Itch from the Tropical Isle on Bourbon St. There are some other places that I'm looking forward to seeing again, but I can't mention them here! I'm glad you had fun. Where did you stay? JoAnn
Sharon Q.
on 4/2/06 9:01 am - Fredericksburg, VA
I got ta say, that is the coolest city I've been to so far, it's right up there with Mexico!!! We stayed on Canal and Bourbon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. It was nice, but very loud as we were on the Bourbon Street side. I couldn't figure out where all the noise was coming from all night long, last night I realized there is a little band that plays in the street right outside our hotel all night long. I had hurricaines, and grenaides, and whatever else people came up with along the way!! I think we hit every club on Bourbon St. last night. FUN FUN!!! Saw some of the "unmentionable" spots too, went in one. LOL I was in the Tropical Isle, don't remember what drink I got there tho. LOL Ok, off to beat the kids!! You better get lotsa sleep this week to prepare for none this weekend!! XOXOOOOXOOXXOXOOXO Sharon
*~Tigger~ *
on 4/2/06 9:39 am - Staunton, VA
I've stayed at that same hotel before and I even know the little band you're talking about!! It was next to imossible to get any sleep there! Holly and I are staying at the Sheraton further down on Canal toward the river--it should be quieter there! I've been exchanging emails with some friends down there, so........we should have a blast! Last June, when I was last there, was my first trip there since surgery. I found out what a "cheap drunk" I had become! Can't wait! Maybe a bunch of us can go there together at some point! JoAnn
elvera
on 4/2/06 1:49 pm - LaPlata, MD
Glad you had a good time. I lived there for 3 years. what a shock it was coming from California. When you are a visitor you don't see all the poor people. The filth, the backword people. Not saying that they all are like that. But when you see a poster on the top of a electrical pole that says Duke county. well what can I say. And all the confederate flags. To me Lousiana is the arm pit of the US. That's just my opinion. But I know when you are a visitor you can have alot of fun.
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 10:57 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
How FUN for you both!!!! Sooooooooooooo, where are da' pictures? Hmmmmm? LOL - oh, and uh - did ya'll do any of the "body art" ...and while Im being nosey, how many beads did ya'll earn, hmmmm? Details missy, details!
Sharon Q.
on 4/3/06 2:41 am - Fredericksburg, VA
HEY GIRLY!!! Can I just tell you..............you really missed out living so close and not visiting that city!!! I do know though that you were busy raising a son, and had priorities. (I'm sure he was quite the hellion even then!! HA) Now you will have to work your way there the hard way. I'll be happy to join ya whenever you wanna go. (I know, what a sacrafice!) OK, so no body art................shoulda done that though, was busy drinking!! LOL Didn't "earn" any beads. Didn't wanna shock anybody, and be a total buzz kill!! Hee Hee!! There were actually people standing on balconies throwing beads. I did buy some really fun beads though that are hanging from my mirror in my bathroom now. The first night we were there I lost our group somehow. It was a little scary I guess, but I knew where our hotel was, so went back there and went to bed. That was around 8!!! Am I a party girl or what!! LOL I was wayyyyyyyyyyy drunk and not in the mood to be picked up on, so I just made a "crabby" face and walked on by. They musta thought I was a crazy lady!! 2nd night, after 12plus hours sleep I was rarin to go. Poor Jen wasn't feeling great after dinner, so she just followed me around wherever I wanted to go and kept me outta trouble!! Is that a great friend or what?????????? I had a total blast!!! Danced my butt off in at least 4 clubs.........made some fast friends!! LOL Went out to catch my taxi at around 5 I guess........minus the hour I lost, so got about 1 hour sleep. I was still way drunk when I got in the taxi!! I said "airport please" and not another word. LOL Good thing he was a nice guy!! Ok, that's the full story, and I'm stickin to it!! We did get some pictures. I think Jen's are better than mine tho. I'll email them to you later I promise. XOOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOO Sharon
Susan E.
on 4/3/06 10:17 am - Purcellville, VA
Anytime you wanna plan a group tour, count me in! I ready to go! Sounds like fun Susan
KathieKathie
on 4/4/06 3:13 am - Manassas, VA
You know I went to college down there, right? Baton Rouge during the week, N'awlins every weekend. Man. I wonder if any of our old hangouts still exist, like the Goldmine Saloon. Mudbugs rocked, too. And man.... the strawberry daquiris at Masparrow's.... We almost got kicked out of Cafe du Monde, once. The honeymooners at the table next to us started it, though. We just... the 10 of us... sort of picked up their powdered sugar fight and kinda continued it... Needless to say, the guys behind the counter didn't appreciate the mess we were making, and told us either we stopped or we got the heck out! Oh man, the memories.... so, how DOES the city look these days? Is it as bad as the horror stories we keep seeing on the news about the hurrican damage make it out to be? How does the French Quarter look? Is Pat O'brien's still standing????? Inquiring minds want to know! ~K
Sharon Q.
on 4/4/06 4:06 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey girly..............did not know that you went to school down there!! How cool!!! I didn't know most of the bars you spoke of, but did recognize Cafe Du Monde. Had some coffee there with Jen!! The French Quarter looked great to me.............did not get hit by the flooding at all though. Pat O'Briens is still standing and happily served us Hurricaines!!! LOL Wish I was still there, but Jen is busy working anyways, so I'd be bored. XOXOOXOXOOXO Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views