New discovery for me

kizie23
on 4/2/06 1:34 am - blacksburg, VA
So, as some of us know I have been having a rough time with my protein intake. Today, I was having my morning coffe and thought I would try adding the protein powder to it. Well, low in behold it went down ok and I did not even taste the nasty protein powder. So, I am not sure how long its going to last, but as of now I have had 40grams of protein by using the powder. Yeah for me. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/06 1:42 am - Remington, VA
Melissa, Good for you! Which protein mix did you use? I tried adding anywhey to my INternational foods cooffee and it curdled!!! not a good sensation! I can add it to other stuff...yogurts, etc. Have you tried that....even the flavored proteins would be good mized in certain complimentary things! Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 4/2/06 5:01 am - Fairfax, VA
Melissa, Congrats on getting the protein in. That's great. We do a coffee protein "latte" that we love. We brew decaf hazelnut coffee and chill it. We mix IDS Cinnamon Vanilla protein, the chilled coffee, a splash of half and half, a pack of Sweet n' Low and ice cubes and shake. It is sooo good. I used to put unflavored Unjury in my coffee early on when I was trying to get it in. Just had to be careful because in warm liquids it can foam up - even had it foam over on me! Kathy
cappymoon
on 4/2/06 9:04 am - Northern, VA
Yeah for you Melissa! Any way you can get it in, go ahead an do it My sister suggested that if you mixed Nectar Carribian Cooler with milk it *almost* tastes like a pina colada, without the rum, plus it is over 30 grams of protein in 8ozs. I tried it, and it was OK, not like I was expecting, but tolorable, and in my book, that means GOOD Dianna
Andrea N.
on 4/2/06 8:48 pm - Ashland, VA
Melissa, I know I am pre-op but I love coffee so I bought some of the IDS Cinnamon Vanilla too and I put one scoop in my coffee cup and add just enough cold water to make it smooth and then I slowly add hot coffee and I can now finally have my coffee and 26g protein at the same time. I figured I had better start trying stuff now so I will be getting enough protein when the time comes. Andrea
Lorraina M.
on 4/3/06 1:46 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Question, So where can you purchase the IDS cinnamin vanilla protein? Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views