Anyone have UHC insurance?

ahllrd
on 3/31/06 8:58 am - VA
I live in a rural area in va and have to travel to a dr for this surg. My insurance covers wls so that is not a problem and we have uhc ppo I was just wondering if anyone else has this I am going to Dr. Elariny in arlington and he is not in-network for my policy they said I can choose who I see but was wondering when the dr offices are in-network they have a contracted fee for their services and what about the ones that are not in-network will I have to pay alot of difference for the procedure. I just really dont want to have to pay thousands of dollars I already know my part is over 2000.00 now wich is fine but dont want to pay lots more.Our policy is a 85% 15% policy. Any info would be great.
~*Country Girl*~
on 3/31/06 8:46 pm - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
I have UHC and my advice to you would be to call them. Ask them what hospitals in your area are covered. (what ever you are willing to drive to)Then after finding that out call those hospitals and see if they have a bariatric program. Then go from there. I have several hospitals with in a 2 hour drive but not all of them are in-network and not all of them have bariatric programs either. I went 2 hours away for both of my surgeries and saved tremendously because they were in-network and I am 80-20. There will be a big difference in what you pay in network verses out. Personally I would never go out of net work because I can't afford to. My gastric by pass was 72,000 and I paid a little less than 2000. I just had PS and that was 39,000 and I owe 2000 on that. Out of the 39,000.00, 10,000 was my doctor bill. being in network he got paid 3000.00 and I have to pay him 700.00. IF he was out of network I wouldn't dare want to see what I would be paying! Good luck!! PS have you tried looking on their website?? Lisa 423/161
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views